Sexy in Six ****Closed Group**** Week 6

Options

Replies

• arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    helped me to be aware of what I eat and how much I could/should not eat. I've learned a lot from that.

Trying to have quality conversations with my grown up children.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?
    (an no, I don't work for them...lol)

MFP ...wow, where do I begin? The interaction with others has helped me tremendously. I have learned to eat right from MFP. I've done other calorie counting sites before, and they didn't have the same effect. I know it is the interaction part. By looking at other people's food diaries, asking questions, and reading posts, I've learned a great deal about eating right, and I have found what works for me. I've also been inspired to workout more, maybe not as much as I should, but the great burns I see keep me motivated. I look forward to chatting now more with MFP friends more than Facebook. And, I love reading comments on my diary, exercise, blogs, etc. I've made some fantastic friendships. One in particular, with our fearless leader, is just as true and strong as my "real world" friendships and I look forward to getting to meet her.... someday. As for what I would change about MFP, I think it could be slightly more user-friendly, like making it easier to post pictures, grouping features (I hate having to hunt down a thread I want to post on again), notifications, stuff like that.
  • kimi131
    Options
    ok this IS NOT the QOTD but I'm just curious - hows the challenge going? What types of rewards are you giving yourself?

I'm loving this challenge too. Monday, I had some nice cuddle time with my sweetie. Yesterday, I got home early because my boss said that I "work so hard" and should take advantage of the chance to go home. So, I did :smile: . Came home, watched Fringe online, and then went to my first ever real Zumba class. That was fun. Not sure what I'll do tonight... we'll see.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: I think just holding me accountable. Even today at work I would have normally started snacking in the afternoon, but didn't because I'd had a big (and, actually, quite filling) lunch. I'm hoping those small decisions will add up eventually!

Other QOTD: in terms of treating myself....I made coconut chocolate mousse this week. I've got four of 'em, one for each day. They fit with the plan I'm doing right now (primal), so they're a treat AND they actually help me stick to my "diet!" I'll have to come up with another treat for Friday.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    QOTD: HOW MFP HELPED

definatley logging in everything with calories, along with fat, protein, vit c, etc.... love the motivation from other members and love the fact you can view others' diaries (if you haven't switched preferences to let public view your diary, i strongly suggest it). if i feel like i need a boost in choosing good foods i'll look at other's diaries and see what they've chosen, or new snacks that are yummy and healthy.
    something to change: better notification when some comments

tonight for my treat, i am having a fosters and watching "red riding hood." wouldn't usually have a beer, but the bf just seriously pissed me off and if i don't calm down, i'm seriously gonna hurt him or do something stupid lol so yeay beer and a movie! :)
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD: Most of us are losing weight because we don't like our bodies or we want to be healthier and stronger, but what wouldn't you want to change about yourself? Name a PHYSICAL part of you that you like about yourself AND you are NOT allowed to say NOTHING!!!! You can list as many things as you like just at least name one. Like body shape, curves, long legs, height, etc...
    I like a lot of thing about me. I love my curly brown hair and my golden brown eyes. I have nice coloring and a good complexion.... I like my height at 5'5.5". Not to short, not too tall, just right :wink:

Wednesday QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?

MFP has given me an easy way to track my calories and exercises. It takes the stress out of watching what I eat. Plus the message boards and friendships you make encourage you to strive to be better and let you know you are not the only one out there.
    The only thing I wish was that the pictures were a little bigger. Sometimes I go to look at someones picture and it's teeny tiny.:noway: all in all I think this is an amazing site. :happy:
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?

It makes me accountable for what I do. The motivation is there because other people are going through the exact same thing you are. Sometimes I find tracking foods a bit time consuming, but overall, I love it!
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: What have you changes have you noticed since the start of your fitness journey? I know we have discussed this in the past, but now that we are nearing the end of the challenge, I thought it would be nice to revisit, especially for people who were just starting their journey at the start of the challenge.

Since losing some weight, I have so much more energy than I have in the past! I'm no longer exhausted when I wake up in the morning, and for me, that is a great feeling. My clothes have been fitting better, and I have been more confident in myself and what I can do.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    i love my eyes and mfp has helped by keepin me accountable with my weight loss
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    thursday QOTD:

I"m disappointed because I never took measurements. I have not lost a whole lot of weight unfortunately in this challenge but I'm in about my 7th week of running and I KNOW my body shape has changed dramatically. I feel better than I have ever and my appetite has drastically reduced. I wish the pounds would keep coming off ( I have about 10-15 more I would like to lose ) But I'm sure it will happen. But my jeans are all too big I MAY have actually made it to a size 8!!!!!!!! (from an 18 4 years ago!)

I have learned to set goals - my first 5k is November 19th. In a couple more weeks I'm hoping to actually complete 5k for my work outs. I never thought I would love running so much. Honestly I used to only run when in danger LOL!!!!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: What have you changes have you noticed since the start of your fitness journey? I know we have discussed this in the past, but now that we are nearing the end of the challenge, I thought it would be nice to revisit, especially for people who were just starting their journey at the start of the challenge.

I have noticed I have more confidence. I for sure fit into my clothes again :-)
    I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm getting there and that feels damn good!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    In terms of changes since I started on MFP, I've lost more than a few pounds. I've gone from a 14/16 to a size 8, which was my size when I got pregnant or during...I can't remember anymore. I have more energy, I eat a normal amount of calories instead of enough to feed my whole family, and the most important change is that I don't feel alone in losing weight because I've met some awesome friends in ALL OF YOU!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    tonight for my treat, i am having a fosters and watching "red riding hood." wouldn't usually have a beer, but the bf just seriously pissed me off and if i don't calm down, i'm seriously gonna hurt him or do something stupid lol so yeay beer and a movie! :)

haha i just read this and got a good chuckle! this sounds like me and my husband half the time. i'm always threatening to hit him if he doesn't stop [insert something stupid and infuriating] :laugh: beer is always exciting (i get excited when i have calories for rum and coke zero!). how did you like red riding hood? i thought it was good, reminded me of the village a little bit. but anything with gary oldman is bound to be a fantastic movie!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well, sadly, I'm ending this on a mega munchy session - completely overdosed on cheese! Not looking good for tomorrow, but I know that 'tomorrow is another day' and that I CAN keep the downward trend going.

Like Peanut, I've appreciated the sense of collaboration as we have all set out on our quests....... very good incentives! I'm glad there is a part two opening up too :)
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

haha i just read this and got a good chuckle! this sounds like me and my husband half the time. i'm always threatening to hit him if he doesn't stop [insert something stupid and infuriating] beer is always exciting (i get excited when i have calories for rum and coke zero!). how did you like red riding hood? i thought it was good, reminded me of the village a little bit. but anything with gary oldman is bound to be a fantastic movie!

lol he made fun of me exercising and since i don't get any support from him, (he's naturally thin with a high metabolism and thinks he knows everything about losing weight, when actuality, he doesn't; he only knows how to make "himself" lose weight, but i digress....) i tried to hit him....he got away, but i threw my 2 lb arm band at him and got a good hit lololol

as for the movie, i liked it. very interesting twists in the story. i absolutely loved the dream sequences when they put the lines in from the fairy tale "why grandmother, what big eyes you have!" etc......and yes, the village did come to mind (i absolutely loved the love story within that movie as well)

and i liked that there were "adult" themes as well ;) hehe

THURSDAY QOTD: REVISITING MFP CHANGES

i actually think about what goes in my mouth. granted i still eat junk food, BUT i think "well i gotta work this off if i eat it" or "don't eat it, it's way too many calories. you can't afford it today" before MFP i didn't think about food. whatever i was in the mood for, i ate it.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Wednesday! YAY!
    QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?

All the above mentioned aspects have helped in my weightloss efforts. Especially the accountability of my Sexy in Six sisters.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options

I feel better and look better. Even though the scale only shows a mere 10lbs, people have noticed and I notice in my clothes and in the way I look in the mirror. :)
  • kimi131
    Options

Well, besides what I said yesterday, which also applies to this question I would say: I have more confidence, and feel better about myself, I have more energy (tho not always bc my job is seriously trying to kill me), nearly all the clothes in my closet fit me now (as opposed to when I started 23 lbs ago and almost nothing fit anymore), I am much more attentive to what I eat and I actually enjoy healthy food, and I look for ways to burn calories.
  • megamoo04
    Options
    Friday QOTD: What keeps you motivated? and how do you stay on track?

I look at past photos and that makes me not want to go back there!! I have my up and down days but I continue to stride forward!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    All the above mentioned aspects have helped in my weightloss efforts. Especially the accountability of my Sexy in Six sisters.

Ditto!! MFP has changed my life and I am feel truly blessed to have made connections with MFP friends. We all have something to offer one another as go along in our weight loss journeys together!