Grocery List Help!

Options
Alrighty, so i need to restock my kitchen and i'm getting bored with my current healthy options. What are your 'go to' healthy snacks and meals? :o)

Replies

• kivrinangel
    Options
    I like dry cereal. There are tons of options, even some that seem like candy but have lots of vitamins and nutrients. And usually it's only about 120 calories for a cup. I use a measuring cup to scoop out of the bag (I'm too thrifty to buy the box stuff) into a ziplock bag to keep with me in the car. It doesn't melt or go bad and it's easy to grab while driving.

I'm also addicted to sugar free popcicles. I found a variety box that has popcicles (10 calories), creamcicles (20 calories) and fudgecicles (35 calories). Any of those are great when I feel I need something, but don't want to use another 100+ calorie snack.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    sf/ff instant pudding mix
    berries
    nutella
    pb
    ice cream
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    carrots in a serving of ranch dressing, applesauce, apples with peanut butter, Tortilla chips with salsa, an ounce of mozzarella, triscuits with a wedge of laughing cow cheese.
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Homemade hummus (allrecipes.com has some good options) with fresh veggies, rice cakes with peanut butter, laughing cow cheese and whole grain crackers, light string cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • nettie1969
    Options
    My "got to" are the Atkins Day Break Cappucino Nut Bar and their Advantage Chocolate Milk Drink... i love them both and could happily have them everyday.!!!!!!

No... I am not pushing the Atkins diet. Just something i tried and then found i really like.

Also - for a treat I have found the Nestle Diet Chocolate Mousse .... so yummo and tastes light and fluffy and just as good as any homemade mousse I ever made (but much lower cals, carbs and fat).

Don't know if they have these where you live (I am in Australia) but I think well worth looking at and trying.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt
    plain unsweetened kefir
    high fiber cereal
    mini babybel cheese
    apples
    nut butter (right now I'm on sunflower - yum!)
    frozen unsweetened berries (fresh in summer, but frozen now that the season has ended)
    light cheese sticks
    chicken breast
    sandwich thins
    reduced fat provolone
    tofurkey slices
    big containers of organic greens and baby spinach
    cottage cheese
    broccoli
    coffee!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs, frest fruit and grape tomato/baby carrot munchies
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    :o) Thanks guys, this will get me started....i hate going grocery shopping with out a list, i ALWAYS forget something lol!
  • msjack32
    msjack32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vitatops, string cheese and protein shakes
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My core foods are:

SNACKS
    Great Value - Cranberry Nut Antioxidant
    Great Value - Mountain Trail Mix
    Blue Bunny - Fat Free No Sugar Added Brownie Sundae Ice Cream ( only 90 calories!)

FOOD
    Eggs
    Spinach
    Cheese (eat it with eggs & spinach)
    Steel Cut Oats
    Great Value - No Sugar Added Frozen Mixed Fruit (I put it in my oats)
    Asparagus (cut it & freeze it when its on sale)
    Broccoli
    Chicken Breast with Weber Kick’n Chicken Seasoning
    Grouper with Old Bay Seasoning,
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Here's a break down of my foods/grocery list:
    Core meals:
    Kashi Autumn Wheat ceral & skim milk
    100% whole wheat sandwich thins, deli turkey, lite muenster cheese, tomatoe, red onion & red wine vinegar
    Chicken breast tenderloins & Beans so Green (from Trader Joes - LOVE THEM!)

Snacks:
    Raw Almonds
    Pretzel crips & sabra roasted garlic hummus - YUM
    Edamame
    Sugar Free jello - for when you need something sweet

good luck :)
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Prepared hummus and veggies as dippers
    A granny smith apple and some nut butter - raw cashew butter is my fav
    Raw hazelnuts
    Frozen green grapes - they totally satisfy my sweet tooth when just "regular" grapes will not