have to fight the temptation today

Options
I am a junk food junky, there is no other way to put it. Since I started MFP I have had no junk at all, at it feels awesome. BUT a few weeks ago a coworkers kid was selling Krispy kreme donuts, the fund raiser pack. I ordered a dozen. They are her today. On my desk. I love them. I'm putting them in my drawer. I refuse to eat one, but it a fight...

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Have one (+-190 calories) and get rid of the box :laugh:
  • kimbertba
    Options
    Absolutely...eat just one...then give the rest away...get them away from your desk or the smell alone will tempt you all day!
    :wink:
  • theitalian3721
    Options
    If you're anything like me having just one means you'll have another and another... I am a bakery junky. All things baked, I love. So I'd be out of control. What I do when I know I'll be heading to the bakery is simply PLAN for those calories ahead of time, record them ahead of time, and then fulfill my craving!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Just have one! :)
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    Perhaps others will take them. Good luck :)
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah Have one, and stick the rest on the coffee table at work, offer them to as many people as you can! AND if there is one left later in the day, well maybe just do an extra 10mins of cardio to work it off!!
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ive been known to buy that stuff to suppoer the cause- and then put the box immediately in the kitchen or FAR FAR away from me. If I have one- or a half- i will eat the whole mess- so for me- I put the entire box somewhere where other people will take the caloric hit.
  • ambern02
    Options
    have one and share with others. If you don't you might eat more than one and then feel horrible. Good luck
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If you can eat just one without triggering a day long binge (as it might with me!) then I agree with everyone else. But make it an event. Spread out a napkin, make or buy an excellent cup of coffee to go with it and perhaps a fruit chaser. Make a meal of it and savor.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    you have stayed away from junk all this time and done well..... give the donuts away and walk away with your head held high that you resisted the temptation and CAN conquer that which can sabotague!!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    For future reference, if anyone is selling food for a cause and you want to contribute, buy the food but tell the seller to deliver it to the nearest homeless shelter instead.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yep. baked goods are my downfall. either give them away, or throw them away. You were awesome to buy them and support a fundraiser, but honestly, no matter how you look at it, those donuts are gonna end up in the trash ;P save yourself the excess empty calories.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    share it with others at work, and just enjoy one. cut it in half, and eat half at a time.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I would eat one and get rid of the box. Even if you have to throw the box away. Look at it as a donation and not a purchase and you will be saving other people from those calories too.
  • SlwNStdy
    Options
    If u have the willpower to have just one then I say go for it.... I guess I am lucky I do not like kk.... tttooo sweet for me