Healthy Subway options

What are your go to's for healthier Subway choices?

Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 509 Member
    Veggie sub, ditch the bread.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    veggie WITH bread, no cheese. i ask for one small stripe of a low cal sauce/dressing on it. don’t get the wraps. they aren’t fewer calories
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,317 Member
    Unless you are in Ireland- then Subway bread is considered cake. (10% sugar in flour)

I hear they have salad?
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Steak. I'm a meat eater. Supposedly the steak is the least processed meat at Subway.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Salads. Here, any sub can be had as a salad instead, with whatever of the veggies a person wants included. I wouldn't skip the bread if I loved bread, but most bread (including Subway's) is pretty "meh" to me, so I find it's an easy thing to skip quite painlessly.
  • DrBenja
    DrBenja Posts: 32 Member
    Opt for a 6-inch whole-grain sub with lean protein like turkey or chicken, loaded with veggies and skip the mayo. Try to keep dressings light, like vinegar or mustard.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I lost a lot of weight eating subway quite often (it was a go to when I was out and about).

6 inch wheat with either ham or turkey, pepper jack cheese, lots of veggies, and honey mustard. If I was taking it home to eat I often would get vinegar instead of the honey mustard (no oil) and then put some light mayo on when I got it home. I don't remember the calories as this was YEARS ago, but they fit into my day just fine.

Obviously no chips or drink or cookie.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 29
    I get 12" then split for 2 meals; 6" whole grain type bread, chicken breast, cheese mustard, veggie loaded, splash with vinegar, pepper, parm. Comes in maybe 400 calas, more if mayo or oil dressing added.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 225 Member
    I usually order sliced turkey with all the salads. It's not super heathy but compared to some other takeaway options it's stacks up okay.
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 165 Member
    I don’t go healthy, I get a foot long meatball lol. Although last time I ate half then waited half an hour to eat the rest, which was an achievement for me.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 128 Member
    I like the salads or protein bowls, I get shredded chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado and a little cheese
  • pashin8nz2000
    pashin8nz2000 Posts: 20 Member
    I get chicken teriyaki salad no dressing all of the salads.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,767 Member
    I would get multigrain if it's vegan, IDK, I never eat out but I would get 6inch multi grain, mustard, all the veggies and pickles.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    I choose wheat bread instead of white, ask for half the normal cheese, and say no to mayo. Some of the meats have high sodium content (pepperoni, salami), I just make sure my other meals that day have low sodium to balance out.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    I don't think you could go far wrong with any 6 in and meat, and salads,maybe go light on the cheese.

I usually get a salad bowl - which really just means no bread.
    not because I think bread is a problem,just because I prefer it.

Skip the cookies, get water or zero sugar soda if you want to get a drink.
  • Justlivit_fit
    Justlivit_fit Posts: 6 Member
    I wouldn't skip the protein! That is super important for a well balanced meal! A 6 inch sub on wheat bread with turkey, no cheese, mustard (no mayo or oil), and whatever veggies you want is about 400 calories. Things really start to add up with condiments and cheese so that is where I would be careful. I would love to share my macro/ calorie friendly fast food guide if you might be interested!