Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let Me introduce myself

Hello everyone, My name is Sharon, I am Old to the app, but new to try again. I am now in my retirement age, and have alot more time on my hands, so I'm going to try to get healthy again. I have signed up for the gym, appointment with nutritionest next week. Signed up again with myfitnesspal again. So it's time for accountability on all fronts. I am hoping to achieve my healthy self in the next year.

Replies

• honorable2
    honorable2 Posts: 2 Member
    Great Sharon, we are in the same boat. I know I need more accountability. I hope to learn more new recipes to make my foods flavorful. And I need to walk a little each day. Best of luck to you
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    Welcome back, Sharon!
  • TrueCrimeaddict
    TrueCrimeaddict Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you, @honorable2 I have an appointment on the 14th with a nutritionist. I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping to put some new menu's together to go with the new exercise program I have implemented already. I am already feeling a difference.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Hi, @TrueCrimeaddict, and welcome back!

I'm also retired, and think that gave me more freedom and flexibility when it came to eating and activity, making improvements easier. It sounds like you're setting a good course.

I don't want to be a jerk, but do have one concern: I don't know how things are in California, but here in Michigan, a "nutritionist" doesn't require any special licensing or training. Here, and I know in some other states, it's "registered dietitians" who have verifiable credentials. Here, anyone can claim "nutritionist", and some of those who do are mostly selling supplements. If you get great advice, that's perfect, though.

Wishing you success!
  • TrueCrimeaddict
    Good morning AnnPT77, thanks for the heads up. It was an actual dietitian with Kaiser. I had a great visit, got lost of information, recommendations, and advice. She will be part of my team with kaiser, so if I need more help, she is there for me to reach out to.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Good morning AnnPT77, thanks for the heads up. It was an actual dietitian with Kaiser. I had a great visit, got lost of information, recommendations, and advice. She will be part of my team with kaiser, so if I need more help, she is there for me to reach out to.

That sounds perfect! :)
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 339 Member
    You got this
  • TrueCrimeaddict
    @Rxman1971 Thank you