Struggling

Options
Good morning every one...Hope everyone is doing well...As for me, I am struggling...I have not logged anything for a week or so due to stress at work and breaking up fights in my classroom but I have been working out at the YMCA 5 days a week for two weeks and I have GAINED all of my weight back and then some (6 lbs total)...I am now at my highest weight ever of 240 lbs and is very discouraging...I do feel better and have slept better since working out....I really would like to get down to 200 lbs but a part of me says I wont...I am not going to quit working out or trying to eat better but this gaining weight to my highest weight ever is ridiculous....Thanks for reading and listening....Hope everyone has a great day

Replies

• antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Working out is great and it works well for some, but how is your nutrition going?

I know you said that you hadn't logged on for a bit so typically when I don't log in for a while, I don't keep up with what I'm eating and regress.

I hope you get through this rough patch in your life because stress leads to some weird interactions with your body.

Stay positive and keep at it and you'll see results!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged!!! I know how hard it it but you can do this!! Keep exercising and logging your food. Try not to burn out with exercise though. :flowerforyou:
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Don't lose faith. Remember that working out always builds muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Continue to eat well and work out and your efforts will soon be rewarded.
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! We've all had our gain weeks... what kinds of work outs are you doing? Strength training? It may be muscle weight. =0) Logging has been a huge help for me both on what I eat, how much of it and when. It's nice to see how much I earn back in calories for exercise as well. Not to mention, when I get a little frumpy- I look back at my week and realize I am not doing that bad!! Keep the faith!!
  • Cerulean824
    Cerulean824 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this! :) It's good that you are not giving up. Take it one day at a time and celebrate the good things that are happening like working out and eating better. Stick with it!
  • cheri868
    Options
    Keep going girl, it will get better, trust me!!! I have been having a hard time as well. I have been overeatig due to stress and I have also been having trouble commiting to working out due to my insomnia, but I refuse to give up. We are worth it!!!!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was the complete same so don,t be down about it.
    Awesome work at exercising.
    Are you sure its not muscle weight your gaining?
  • BethanieK
    Options
    Don't lose faith. Remember that working out always builds muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Continue to eat well and work out and your efforts will soon be rewarded.

MUSCLE DOES NOT WEIGH MORE THAN FAT!
    1 pound of fat = 1 pound of muscle.
    A pound, is a pound, is a pound.

Muscle is more dense, and takes up less space.
  • 1myfit
    Options
    i just was at my highest weight too and I know the fustrastion. But one thing I learned from other people's log. It works for the people who log everyday and do some workout. And the ones who are complaining are the ones missing in action for days and return a week later. Logging you food really helps. So if you want to give it your all.......you need to step it up. Log everything you eat, check in everyday and continue your workouts. Good luck......Just logging everyday you'll see a change.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    We all hit that place where we feel like nothing is ever going to change or we are never going to meet our goals, but if we stick to it, and keep giving it 100% it has to happen eventually. I think we all just want to see instant results and believe me it takes what seems like I have to kill myself each week for 2 pds., but I also know that in 4 weeks that will total into 8 pds., and in 2 months that will be 16 pds. You see that trend here so sometime in the near future I will reach my goal I just have to believe it will happen. Don't give up you can do this stay strong and foucused!! Have a much better week:)
  • Chef2B
    Options
    Don't worry about not logging. There are days I don't log, I just pick it up the next day I'm able too. You could even try writing it down on paper and then filling it in later. Then when you go back and log it in, you'll see where your mistakes were or not. I think if you keep making it a point to at least write it down and then fill it in later, you may just find the time to do it on a regular. Sometimes I'll remember while I'm laying in bed and go back and fill it in then.
    Keep trying, I've always found it hard to incorporate a "good" thing into my life when I've been so "comfortable" doing the same 'ole, same 'ole. But if those "comfortable" things are making you feel unhappy, then maybe they're not as "comfortable" as you like to think.

Good luck and stay strong!
  • SkinnyMamaG
    Options
    We've all been there & anyone who says they haven't is lying! You've made the biggest step by logging in now & asking for encouragement. That's what MFP is about! I'm new to this myself, but I've been trying to lose for nearly 5 years, so I can only encourage you not to allow a set-back to become a go-back. It's so much harder to re-start a healthy plan than it is to continue one.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Man I hear ya...just know we all go through this. I've been at this a year and have only lost 15lbs. I'm still exercising more than I ever have before, and I'm way more AWARE of things that go in my mouth. I can't justify the choclate bar because that's 30 minutes on the elypticall...or 4 pieces of pizza is an hour walk. You're also learning things as you go, in order to make appropriate choices. I'm discouraged as well, but I'm going to keep chopping wood and carrying water. Eventually I'll be down a few more pounds, I just have to double my efforts in the eating department. Have faith in yourself, you'll get there...and might I suggest relaxation therapy? Go get a massage, or sit in a hot tub at the leisure center. Acupuncture is supposedly fantastic, or even try something like reiki or aroma therapy. And everyone loves a spa day! lol try it and report back :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Until today I was at a two month plateau. I would gain and lose and keep doing it over and over. Don't focus on the results as much as the process. Enjoy the thought of being healthier. Failure isn't getting knocked down. It's staying down.