Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 51: 8 weeks, August 23rd - October 20th

Maalea
Maalea Posts: 16,630 Member
edited August 11 in Challenges
Hello, everyone! We'd like to invite you to he Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge!
If you want some additional motivation to stay on track and have some fun while working towards your goals, come join us!

Term 51 will be an 8-week term themed around the second book in the series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! The term will run from Friday, August 23rd (with full activities beginning on the following Monday) through Sunday, October 20th.

Each week is themed around chapters or events within Harry Potter (or the broader canon). The list inside the spoiler tags will give you an an idea of the type of challenges you would see each week in our general categories, to give you an idea of the commitment involved. Completing these challenges earns points for your house as we compete (in a friendly way!) to earn the House Cup each term.
MANDATORY Challenges:
  • Quidditch (Exercise task, running the entire week):
    Complete 30 minutes of flex, 30 minutes of strength, and 30 minutes of cardio throughout the week.
  • Potions (Food task, running the entire week):
    Eat the rainbow of fruit and vegetables this week.
  • Defense against the Dark Arts (running the entire week):
    this category may contain some trivia questions about Harry Potter, or some questions for reflection
  • Weigh-in: runs Friday through Sunday

OPTIONAL Challenges:
  • Room of Requirement (typically running Wednesday through Thursday):
    Complete a 15-minute workout.
  • Hogsmeade (typically running Saturday through Sunday):
    Take 30 minutes to relax this weekend and let us know what you did.
  • Arithmancy (running the entire week):
    Stay under your calorie limit for as many days as you manage
  • Alchemy (running the entire week):
    Meet your water goal for as many days as you can manage

Certain weeks will also have:
  • Optional Quidditch matches (where you count minutes of exercise multiplied by effort to earn points)
  • Optional special events, such as a relay race events (one team member completes an activity and then the next person completes the next activity and so on, usually runs 2-3 days) or list events (sign up for tasks and complete them in any order within about a week).

Owls with the acceptance notification should go out on Monday, August 19th and Tuesday, August 20th.

*** While everyone who applies to join Hogwarts will be sorted into a house, if you do not respond to the prefect who contacted you within a reasonable time frame, then we will assume you no longer wish to participate in the challenge and remove you from the roster so that late applicants can be sorted.

Therefore, we ask those who received an owl on August 19th or 20th to please join the castle and common room groups by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, August 23rd. ***

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Kisame29 or @Maalea (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 51. :)

Replies

• Maalea
    There is still time to send an application! :)
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 10,090 Member
    I'm very excited for the new term!!
  • Maalea
    The first owls will go out this evening and tomorrow! But there are still some open slots for anybody who want to join. :D
  • fitcosmicphysicist
    fitcosmicphysicist Posts: 87 Member
    I just submitted my application! I joined MFP this morning and I am so excited for this!
  • Maalea
    I just submitted my application! I joined MFP this morning and I am so excited for this!

Welcome! :D Please look out for a friend request from the staff!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 971 Member
    Very excited to be back at Hogwarts!
  • fitcosmicphysicist
    fitcosmicphysicist Posts: 87 Member
    Maalea wrote: »

Welcome! :D Please look out for a friend request from the staff!

Thank you! I accepted it right away this morning! :smiley:
  • CitricHamster
    CitricHamster Posts: 162 Member
    Ah I missed it. When does the next term start?
  • Maalea
    Ah I missed it. When does the next term start?

The current term has not officially started yet, so send in your application!
    (The initial weigh-in starts tomorrow but is open until Tuesday, and there is an optional challenge for a free pass, but it runs until middle of next week. So you won't have missed anything if you join now.)

• CitricHamster
    CitricHamster Posts: 162 Member
    Ah exciting times! Filled out my application!
  • sydditt
    Excited to be back at Hogwarts!!
  • Kisame29
    Everyone should have received a response unless you just applied :) (There is one person that just applied and you will get your official owl soon - I just let the prefects of your house know ;))

If you did not get a PM or email from myself, please send me a friend request and a PM and then we can figure it out!

--

Also for anyone else who is interested in the challenge, you can still submit the form and join us!! Challenge starts on Monday although you can also join a bit late and still get into it pretty easily.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 7,876 Member
    Have you checked out this fun challenge yet? You can still apply.
  • sydditt
    Week 1 has started, if anyone else wants to join us, feel free to submit an application and we'll be in touch.
  • Kisame29
    Note - Everyone who submitted an application should have received a response. We had one new applicant today so I have sent you a friend request + a PM and an email :)

We did have 3 applicants from a bit earlier that never responded - so if you applied and never heard back plus you are still interested, please check your email! Or send me a friend request and then a PM so we can get it figured it out :)

--

For everyone else, if you'd like to join, please submit an application and you will hear back. Now that we have started our second week, I might not check this thread as often but I get notified when someone submits an application and then I will be in touch.

If you're thinking about maybe joining in the future, we have a group - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125437-hogsmeade-village - specifically where we post the applications and you can check in with other former/current students and staff.