Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, 35/f, trying for real this time.

AliceKenney65
AliceKenney65 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! My name is Alice, I’m recently 35 and live in Colorful Colorado. I work as a headhunter from home most days, and then as a wrangler on an active horse ranch on the weekends.

I used to be very fit and in shape. As the years have gone by, I’ve seemed to not only be quickly padding my waist, but padding my mind with problems. Anxiety, depression, unhealthy eating, alcoholism. I have a great life. A community I love, an amazing partner of seven years. I think the thing I’m missing is my general health and wellness.

So I’m throwing out the booze and picking up my running shoes. I’m sure it won’t be easy, but someone said once “a year from now, you will wish you had started today.” And to be honest, I’ve been thinking that for the past five years.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk and I’m always looking for friends! Let’s do this together! The picture is my daily view on the weekends on my horse, Copper.

lcisgfuw9nzd.jpeg

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    Welcome! A fellow Coloradan, most welcome!
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 339 Member
    Best of luck
  • Blueberries59
    Blueberries59 Posts: 16 Member
    Suerte, Alice! Swapping alcohol for booze sounds like the start of the great upward spiral. Best decision ever. Colorado is one of the healthiest states so opting for healthy lifestyle will fit right in. I hope your life partner will be supportive. Wishing only the best for you.
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Welcome let's see u boss this
  • La3aland
    La3aland Posts: 1 Member
    Hello from Australia and best of luck. :)
  • cisashah
    cisashah Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    I read your post, it's really sounds positive. I am trying to cutback as well, I was used to be in fit shape but got de tracked. Started to push myself to limits once again