RANDOM: But, for calculating BMI should I use my morning hei

Options
I am 5 9.25 in the morning and about 5 8.5 in the evening. It actually makes a bit of a different on a BMI calculator, so does anyone have any idea which height should be used?

Replies

• wendylady76
    Options
    BMI is a bit of a scam. It doesn't take into account muscle mass at all.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Take the average??
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm completely confused.... is 5 9.25 your height? If so, how the heck do you get shorter during the day?

I personally use morning numbers for weight -- if that's what you mean.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    it's normal for weight to change over the course of a day, never heard of this happening with height, so I'd say you're tired and slouching at the end of the day and you should use the height from the morning, or the height your doctor measures you at.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Why do you calculate your BMI if your bodyfat percentage is a much more accurate and trustworthy reading whether you are fit or fat?
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Actually, everyone shrinks a little bit during the day because the spine is compacted from being on your feet all day.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    it's normal for weight to change over the course of a day, never heard of this happening with height, so I'd say you're tired and slouching at the end of the day and you should use the height from the morning, or the height your doctor measures you at.

Actually you do get shorter throughout the day because of gravity and its stress on the spine.....