The scale

I have been working towards my goal for a while now but i have the problem of my weight i will lose a pound or two then the next day be up 5 to 8 pounds and i have to work 3 or 4 day to get that off and start over..it makes losing slow..i really dont understand..I stay under my calories always about 1500 or so and exercise everyday!!! Can anyone help?thanks

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Are you tracking sodium?
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    could be water weight. can't see your diary, so guessing here.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Maybe you aren't taking in enough water? Plus, your weight can go up and down a lot in a single day. Don't worry so much about the daily numbers and just worry about it once or twice a week. It will come off, as long as you are making good food choices, eating enough, and exercising.

Good luck!
  • ashleyshivers
    ashleyshivers Posts: 1 Member
    your weight fluctuates during the day weigh yourself once a week around the same time in the morning that way you get the most accurate consistent results. Good LUCK!!!
  • Maybe try drinking more water, and keeping your sodium intake low.
  • .Yes, i have been watching my sodium and drink about 10 cups of water a day......I guess i will do as ya'll say and not sweat the everyday we will see...I will watch my sodium even closer...i stay under 2500mg of sodium but I may need to keep it lower..Im on a high powered water pill for a problem im having but i dunno if u could still be holding water or not.?
    Thanks everyone for the help!!!
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    I definitely wouldn't weigh more than once or twice a week. I've found I can be as much as 4lbs heavier if I weigh at night than if I weigh in the morning too, so be sure to weigh during the same time of day each time you do.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Agreed, weighing daily is only helpful if it keeps you on track (I have a bit of a scale addiction myself, I'm ok with it, but some days I could quite happily throw it out the window!)

If you fluctuate that much it might do you better to weigh in either weekly or fortnightly, then you're seeing a more reasonable number at the same time everyweek.

Water weight is a pain in the btm. :smile: