Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need ideas for high protein meals

Am not to concerned about weight as more want to strip body %down as low as I can what right kinda foods

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,086 Member
    Not concerened with weight but want to strip BF.

I'm not following....
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Meaning I know that scales can be deceiving while losing bf u can gain muscle witchmuscke heavier than bf . . So just look to get rid of belly fat
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    edited August 25
    So to strip body fat, you can lose some weight, or you can add some muscle mass at the same weight, or a combination. Losing some weight (even slowly) tends to drop body fat percent faster than gaining muscle mass (which is inherently fairly slow, even when doing all the right things).

From your previous posts, I'm pretty sure you're lifting.

Appropriate calories and good overall nutrition (including but not exclusively ample protein) are the other variables you can control. We're MFP friends, but you don't seem to have your diary open to friends, so I can't comment on that.

But the nutrition part of the equation isn't really about specific food choices, it's about the overall pattern: Getting enough protein, enough healthy fats, plus IMO a good mix of varied, colorful veggies and fruits for micronutrients and fiber. Carb level is largely an individual choice, but many (not all) lifters find that some carbs can help with energy for good workouts.

This is a research-based source to estimate individual protein needs:

https://examine.com/guides/protein-intake/

Note the calculator link near the top of that page. I'm thinking you're not very overweight if at all at this point, so you could use your current weight in the calculator instead of goal weight if that's so.

Fats, maybe 0.35-0.45g daily per pound of bodyweight. Men - since I know you're one - might get away with a bit less.

I'd say fill in the calories with some nice veggies/fruits/whole grains, but it's OK to have a few treats within calories just for enjoyment if nutrition's pretty solid in other ways. You can also fill in calories with extra protein or fats, but going way over the top with protein isn't extra helpful, and at very high levels (over a long time period) does have risks.

There's no way to spot reduce belly fat. It comes off when fat stores shrink, either from weight loss or from using some of that fat to slowly fuel part of the muscle-mass gain.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 299 Member
    A calorie restricted diet with lots of chicken, turkey, fish, low fat beef paired with consistent weight training would be my plan. Throw in some fruits and veggies, lots of water. Rinse and repeat.
  • KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 35 Member
    Am not to concerned about weight as more want to strip body %down as low as I can what right kinda foods

An easy way to get more protein into your diet is to add more chicken and tuna and egg to your diet.

Another is to start using casein. It is a great way to feel more full and get more protein. A few examples.

- Natural yoghurt + 30 g vanilla casein + blueberries
    - Oatmeal + 30 g vanilla casein & 1,5 dl water instead of milk + blueberries
    - Chocolate Casein fluff-pudding & Berries
    - Casein shakes
    - Quark with added casein fluff
    - Over night oat with 30 g casein added
  • capgordon76

An easy way to get more protein into your diet is to add more chicken and tuna and egg to your diet.

Another is to start using casein. It is a great way to feel more full and get more protein. A few examples.

- Natural yoghurt + 30 g vanilla casein + blueberries
    - Oatmeal + 30 g vanilla casein & 1,5 dl water instead of milk + blueberries
    - Chocolate Casein fluff-pudding & Berries
    - Casein shakes
    - Quark with added casein fluff
    - Over night oat with 30 g casein added

Thanks I'll give that try
  • capgordon76
    A calorie restricted diet with lots of chicken, turkey, fish, low fat beef paired with consistent weight training would be my plan. Throw in some fruits and veggies, lots of water. Rinse and repeat.

Thank u
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    A word on casein- you need to drink it pretty soon after mixing. If you leave it alone in the fridge it will set like jello. I guess you could potentially make a protein-chocolate mousse that way.
  • stianjl
    stianjl Posts: 15 Member
    Cottage cheese is too good. Almost 0 fat, 0 carbs. Only proteins. Eat like 400g of that each day.