Thyroid Medications and Cardio Training

Options
The Thyroid produces T4, which is transformed into T3, which is needed to convert fat to energy. My T4 & T3 is depleted after sleeping all night. I take my Thyroid medication as soon as my eyes open and then start my cardio workout. HELP! Should i do my cardio workout in the morning or in the evening now to get the most out of fat burning?:ohwell:

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have taken thyroid medication for years (levothyroxine) I workout whenever I can find time. Honestly it doesn't make a difference.
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had my Thryoid Removed 14 years ago, I work out first thing in the morning! It seem to be working for me. But I will also say I feel I have more energy in the evenings. I hope this helps.
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been on Thyroid meds since 1998, and am currently on .1mg of Synthroid. I've found the most fat burning benefit to be doing my cardio first thing in the morning. It gets the meds flowing more quickly through my bloodstream.
  • Clare_C
    Options
    I have taken thyroid medication for years (levothyroxine) I workout whenever I can find time. Honestly it doesn't make a difference.

ditto. I dont see a difference when I workout in the AM or the PM.
  • SheriffJen
    SheriffJen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was told your thyroid meds are working all the time, so it's not like it runs out by morning. So you should be good no matter when you work out. But I could be wrong, so putting my comment out there so I can read other's opinions on this as well. For me, if I miss a day of meds, I don't feel anything different, but I have heard some people say if they take it an hour later they feel a difference.
  • FLGatorGrl
    Options
    I take my Synthorid first thing in the morning and wait at least 30 minutes to eat anything. I take .250 mcg daily so if I miss a day the next day is when I feel different. So that being said I am not a morning person so I work out after work in the afternoon.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Some body builders use T3 as a fat burning tool when they are getting ready for a competition. Are there any out there that have insight into the timing question?