The Droid phone app

Options
I've been using the Blackberry app, and I love it, though it is not very versatile. You can log food, track all nutrition categories, and weigh in. That is about the extent of the apps features. I've been thinking of getting a Droid and I was wondering what the MFP app on Droid is like.

Replies

• mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The Droid app is fantastic :) It has all the functionality of the website, as far as I can tell. You can interact with your friends, see a weekly progress report, and all that.
  • dawn18011
    Options
    Love my droid app, it is the same as the website and syncs with the web version too so when you log into your computer everything is there.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    One thing I wish it had was the ability to see the forums, especially when your friends post to them or their blogs. There are no clickable links on the wall. And if someone babbled on and on on the wall, you can't see the comments because the whole post takes up the screen and it doesn't scroll. I submitted that to the techie wish list. But otherwise, it's good! I love the barcode scanner. Oh, and I also wish the food database would indicate which items were MFP-created and which ones were user created. They all look the same.
  • KCDeck
    Options
    There is also an awesome bar code scanner option on the driod app!! It makes life super easy to enter your food. All you have to do is scan the bar code of whatever you are eating and enter how many servings you are having. No need to worry about whether or not someone else entered the wrong nutrional info. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That's cool. Can you see all the nutritional values like on the Blackberry app?
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    One thing I wish it had was the ability to see the forums, especially when your friends post to them or their blogs. There are no clickable links on the wall. And if someone babbled on and on on the wall, you can't see the comments because the whole post takes up the screen and it doesn't scroll. I submitted that to the techie wish list. But otherwise, it's good! I love the barcode scanner. Oh, and I also wish the food database would indicate which items were MFP-created and which ones were user created. They all look the same.

Love my droid X
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have both the Blackberry and Android versions and the Android app is far superior. It does everything the Blackberry app can do plus some other of the community features (no message boards yet though).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm going to be very happy with my new Droid. Thanks everyone!!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    There is also an awesome bar code scanner option on the driod app!! It makes life super easy to enter your food. All you have to do is scan the bar code of whatever you are eating and enter how many servings you are having. No need to worry about whether or not someone else entered the wrong nutrional info. :)

Oh I forgot about that feature. Yeah, it's AWESOME. I've gotten a couple wrong values (one time it told me my bread was actually granola) but it's overall really accurate.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i love d app on my droid phone!! infact thats how i came across this site.... it was through the android market!!! yeaay!!! :)
  • teedoff40
    Options
    Now when the droid has a built in scale to weight your portions! That would be tha bomb!