Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Postpartum

How to lose lose weight in 3 months postpartum height 5.5,, weight 85kg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Same way anyone else does: Eat fewer calories than you burn (all day, in every way from heartbeat/breathing to job and home chores to intentional exercise).

If you're breastfeeding, consider eating at estimated maintenance calories and letting the milk production create a small calorie deficit.

I started at 5'5" and 83kg. I wasn't breastfeeding, so I just went with a sensibly moderate calorie deficit, and reached a healthy weight in just a bit under a year. I've been at a healthy weight for around 8 years since. Calorie counting can work, if it suits your preferences.

Best wishes for success: The improved quality of life is worth the effort!

• alchemyadvisory
    alchemyadvisory Posts: 1 Member
    3 months postpartum looking for motivational accountability-buddies! Let’s gooo!!!!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member
    When my children were very young (3months and 2.5yrs), my gym offered child care so I took advantage of it. It was healthy and it gave me a break to be a person other than mom for an hour or so. I did not restrict my diet because I was nursing, but I did make healthier choices and snack less. I started lifting and cycling. I was way out of shape so my load was light and my rides were slow, but I did drop the weight. You've got this. It isn't a race, impatience and perfection are the enemies of progress.
  • mamallama606
    mamallama606 Posts: 10 Member
    7 months postpartum also looking for accountability buddies! The first 20 lbs came off without me doing anything and I have done nothing to address the 20 lbs still hanging around and motivation is at an all time low. Trying to change that today! :)