Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Have you told anyone that you were on a diet?

dannytrees1
dannytrees1 Posts: 271 Member
Did you just start your diet by yourself?
I did… and after losing 16 lbs I noticed friends looking at me differently.
What’s your story ?

Replies

• ImmortalHC
    ImmortalHC Posts: 2 Member
    In the past when I've told people, I've felt guilty if I don't stick to it and it puts more pressure on! So for me, I prefer to work at it quietly, like you, and wait for the results to do the talking! I know others who swear by shouting it from the rooftops though, as they say it helps to hold them accountable! I guess it's horses for courses and whatever works for you on your own personal journey.
    About ten years ago I lost a few stone quite quickly and loved seeing the look on people's faces if they hadn't seen me for a while - it made me feel so proud of my achievement. On that journey again now, though working more slowly this time round due to age and having had a baby. Getting there though and cannot wait to feel proud of myself in my wedding dress next year :blush:
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    My immediate family knows. At work I've not said that I'm on a diet, but they can tell, I have been politely refusing the cookies and safety meeting donuts or boudin. A couple of coworkers noticed the changes and asked. I did mention to my supervisor that I was going to work with a trainer 2x a week during my lunch and would be out of the office for a longer period. For the most part everyone is supportive. I am going to a wedding on the 7th, and I cannot wait to see some of my extended family to see if they notice.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    This time I am keeping it to myself. I feel like I struggle to loose weight and now that my co-workers are doing ozempic. It's hard to see their quick results as I am struggling. So I am keeping my journey to myself.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,359 Member
    Nope, mostly for similar reasons other people mentioned ==> and that is why i enjoy a place like this; where we can talk about related issues.
  • KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 36 Member
    I don't tell others that I'm on a diet because I want my diet to have room for a normal life for the rest of my life. So I try to form my diet so that I can handle all situations in normal life.

I guess that by definition is not a diet then? Just keeping track of what I choose to eat and try to do healthy options?
  • sapap
    sapap Posts: 2 Member
    I haven't mentioned it to anybody mostly because I don't need to lose a little over 10lbs. People are not very supportive when it's a smaller amount like that. I'm menopausal now so I'm trying to be proactive. I usually just say I'm trying to get my cholesterol down. Which is totally true. lol
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 271 Member
    Thanks for your interesting stories.
    I’m in a position, that I don’t see my friends for sometimes weeks
    They know that I have theses fancy smoothies… that part I tell
    But I don’t say I’m on a diet.
    I’m not super overweight but I have or did have a big belly…. Not so much anymore… lost 2”” on my belly and 2 notches on my belt
    In 2 months… I want to have a flat belly lol… getting there
  • Overheadfan
    Overheadfan Posts: 70 Member
    I've not mentioned I'm on a " diet". I've been a healthy eater for the last few decades so people are used to seeing me eat salad, fish, etc. I obviously ate waaaay too much of it though. I've definitely benefitted from implementing portion control. I've lost 6 kgs ( I need to lose another 15). No one has commented on my weightloss, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed because it hasn't been much. ( Yet. I'm still working
    towards my goal) And I tend to wear flowy clothes because of the warm to hot climate .
    And I'm 61 , so I'm VERY focused on good health and wellbeing for my senior years.
  • KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 36 Member
    Another think I can recommend is to say something like "I can't see that beneficial" or "I don't like it" if you remove things like mayonnaise or sauce or whipped cream from a normal food to get the kcal down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!