Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tried WW and now back to MFP!

I've been on and off MFP for the better part of 9 years. I've had a lot of success before, lost 50+ lbs, but slowly lost my motivation and gained it back through out the years.
I thought switching it up would help so I joined WW at the beginning of the year. And let me tell you, coming from having counting calories for almost a decade, I could not get the hang of the point system. There was just something about it that I didn't like. I tried for 8 months to get into it but just constantly found it to be a drag. In 8 months I did drop about 15lbs but I stalled a lot.
So I've decided to try counting calories again.......anyone else have a similar experience? What else did you try that actually helped you get through the slump?

Replies

• faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 422 Member
    I couldn't get the hang of it either. I didn't even try for 8 months. The point system seemed so inaccurate to me. I'm 72 years old and have been dieting since I was probably 18. When I was in my 30's I lost about 12 pounds on WW. I actually achieved Lifetime membership. (I can remember when WW made you eat liver once a week!)
    I lost 30 pounds on MFP about 9 years ago. Gained some back. I'm now at 160lbs and trying to get to 145. I would really like it if I could get to my WW goal weight of 137 lbs. What would they do if I showed up to WW meeting with my gold Lifetime Key............I still have it. :p
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    I did the same. I couldn't get my head around how I could have three full meals of chicken and fish, lots of veg, low fat yoghurt, legumes, etc and be told off for not eating 25+ points of other stuff. To me, it just didn't make a lot of sense.
  • SamanthaCollier2024
    SamanthaCollier2024 Posts: 2 Member
    Nice to meet you! I’m back on MFP after being on WW too. Had some success with WW about 20 years ago but I don’t like the system anymore.

Looking forward to making some good friends here and motivating each other. Do you make the same foods for breakfast each day? I’m trying to make a food menu for the week! Hard to do with kids!