Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just introducing myself

Hi I just wanted to to introduce myself being new here I’m Kelly and I really need help losing weight so if anyone has some really good tips or advice I would very much welcome it

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Hi, Kelly, and welcome!

From experience, the most important tip I'd suggest is to focus on losing weight relatively easily (by finding sustainable new habits) rather than trying to lose weight fast.

It seems like it's common to go to extremes with restrictive eating and punitively intense exercise, but that tends to burn out fast. A sensibly moderate weight loss goal, enjoyable/practical eating, and ideally fun ways of moving more (at least tolerable/practical ones): That can be more sustainable.

Sometimes a slow but achievable weight loss rate will get a person to goal weight in less calendar time than an extreme approach that causes deprivation-triggered over-eating, breaks in the action, or even giving up altogether.

On top of that, "lose weight fast then go back to normal" ignores the idea - important IMO - that many people find staying at a healthy weight more challenging than reaching there in the first place. Happy long-term weight maintenance is really the golden prize, if you ask me.

Best wishes for success!
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Welcome 🤗 wish u successful journey on here feel free to add me and there are some amazing people in here will help u smash it