Time to push the restart button!

Options
Hiya MFPers,

After a running injury and a very rough summer (due to gaining back all the way I lost on MFP round 1), I am ready to hit the restart button on my weight loss journey. I have been really focused this past week and a bit, yet still refuse to weigh myself just yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Dalejr
    Dalejr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep I am the same I was 4lbs from my goal in June. Gained 7lbs over the summer so I am starting again.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    No unfortunately, I weigh myself too much!! I am just getting back to the gym and being serious after taking over a month off for holidays and stuff. You should weigh yourself at the start just so you know your progress as you go...it can be quite motivating!! Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    OH GOD YES!!!
    mine was sheer denial and laziness lol
    im starting over starting fresh i gained the weight i loosed
    and gained alot more weight
    so im in the same boat doll :)
    we will get there
    xx
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Plantar Faciitis got me and I couldn't run for 3-4 months, so I kept eating and feeling bad for myself and gained back a whole bunch of weight. This time I'm ready to do it for real. No more excuses. I need to remember that running isn't the only way to exercise. I often pout because I can't run like I used to, but I now have the right mindset about it all. Good luck!
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes!!!! Your post caught my eye this morning, because I am coming off a really bad week, falling back into some old habits and was just thinking that I need to change my mindset (again)! When I started MFP I had about 8 pounds to finish losing. I had lost 5 and now I'm almost certain, after this past week (or two) it's all back on. Heading out of town this weekend, so I know it's unrealistic to "push the restart button" right now - but come Monday......GAME ON!!! Best of luck to you!! :smile:
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    sadly i also regained almost all the weight also due to a shoulder and neck injury... ugh... but tomorrow i start my journey again.. without the exercise this time however. good luck to you hun! i know we have it in us...