Nerdy Fitness Apps

So, I'm new here (obviously). I just wanted to say hi and ask you all to please add me.

I was also wondering if anyone knows any "nerdy" fitness apps. I'm an RPG/DnD nerd and was wondering if there are any game like fitness apps. I've heard of and tried run zombies in the past. I also played this really cute app/game a few years ago, but I can't remember what it was called. It was a pedometer and the more you walked the more planets you unlocked. All suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    Welcome!

As a fellow D&D supernerd, I would love to have more games, but the closest I can think of is a LotR app which monitored your mileage walking/running and compared it to the trip Frodo & Sam took from the Shire to Mt Doom, letting you know you have reached the Buckland Bridge or Weathertop and more. Used to be a thread here in MFP where people compared their results, but I haven't seen a post in a long while, not sure if the app still works or not.

There's also usually a Hogwarts challenge here in MFP, don't know the details beyond it exists. Feel free to look here to see if any MFP challenges tickle your fancy:

MFP Challenges
  • izybkoi
    izybkoi Posts: 1 Member
    I love Run Zombies! It's awesome to pick up items for my outpost while running – way better than apps like Strava. I think a fitness app with an RPG twist would be epic. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I use this self-help app called Finch to track my gym reps and running goals. You earn energy from each task you complete to take care of a cute little pet bird.