How do I stay at my weight goal once I'm there?

Options
I'm almost at my weight goal, 2 lbs to go. Now I'm wondering how to stay there. Never thought I would get there, but now I'm almost there I'm at a loss as to how to stay there. Do I keep logging my food, how many calories a day to stay at the same weight, how active to stay? I need some input.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are at a loss, then it might be a good idea to keep logging. Just change your settings to maintenance. Once you've done that for a while you'll probably get the hang of what your maintenance needs are and won't have to log if you don't want.
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you go into your settings and change from losing to maintain, it should tell you how many calories to eat. I'm not there yet but have playing with thinking I can't wait til the day I can have that many calories. I plan to keep logging for a while until I get adjusted to that amount of calories but don't plan on logging forever. Congrats on being so close to your goal.
  • runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal at the end of August and now have maintained since. I increased my calorie level from 1800 to 2120(I am at 179). You can adjust it to meet your levels.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats for being so close to goal! You'll need to add back calories slowly to find where your body will maintain rather than lose. I believe there is a maintenance part of this site...not close enough for me to look for it. ;-). I don't think I'd add more than 100 calories a day to start with though.