Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise tracking in Fitbit or MFP?

I have a Google Pixel watch that integrates with Fitbit. I'm curious how exercise tracking translates from Fitbit to MFP and which app provides more accurate exercise tracking.
Should I log my workouts in the Fitbit app or directly through MFP?

Answers

• jimmarriott7
    jimmarriott7 Posts: 4 Member
    I have the Fitbit connected thru MFP. Lately, the calories have adjusted have been overestimated. This morning, after 1700 steps, it had given me back 1300 calories. It's definitely not an exact science.
  • BernieHeff
    BernieHeff Posts: 2 Member
    Yes I was wondering if something has been off lately with the steps. It gave me over 800 calories today and it was usually around 100-200
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    People have been reporting some kind of bug between Fitbit and MFP recently. There's some information about it here from the MFP tech team:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners
  • stphnbyl
    stphnbyl Posts: 2 Member
    I rack up 1200 calories for just waking up. My foot didn't touch the floor and MFP has me down for exercise.
  • Elle2020mfp
    Elle2020mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Also having this issue for quite a few days now - calories adjustment have been overestimated. Either that or now driving my car somehow burned 700 calories in 3 hrs. Have tried unlinking, logging everything out and repairing. It hasn't helped.