Exercise Calories way off

Today is my first day. I reported it to support, but my given to me for steps is way off. I received a reply that they are trying to fix the issue that it has something to do with an app not connecting with Fitbit if I understood this correctly? I’m not sure if there Is anything I can do on my end or any app I can Delete to help fix the issue? Is anyone else going through this?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,282 Member
    I've seen a few threads regarding exercise calories not coming over correctly.

You can always just disconnect your device and manually enter the numbers in "Exercise" here.

There are frequent technical issues on myfitnesspal.
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 90 Member
    Yes, this started for me a few days ago. I've been starting most days with over 1,000 calories from exercise. Alas, that is not reality... for the most part it seems by mid-afternoon that it has corrected itself, I just have to be mindful and not actually eat 1,000 extra calories because it says I can.
  • dabums
    dabums Posts: 1 Member
    Yes I had a fitbit bit connect and the calories my fitness pal awarded for steps and exercise was spot on.

That fitbit broke and I replaced it with the same one. Now my fitness pal is awarding me 1100 calories for 11000 steps. (Calories should be around 400ish).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,589 Member
    There's a known problem that's being worked on, between Fitbit and MFP. The MFP support team has a page with status on it:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners