If you absolutly must!

Options
Where do you eat when you go out to dinner, what do you eat?
I want to go out to dinner with a friend but, Im at a cross roads. I was thinking applebees.

Replies

• azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What about sharing tacos?
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has some great choices under 500 calories. Love it! You can look at their menu online and check calories on the ones that interest you too. Have fun!
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Steak with grilled veggies and a salad on the side without dressing. Done and done.
  • tera7363
    tera7363 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard time eating out. My top picks are Applebees b/c of the weight watchers items or Ruby Tuesdays I like the spaghetti squash marinara & have a salad w/it & take half of the entree home for lunch the next day :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We don't eat out a whole lot...I prefer to cook at home. I can't stand restaurant mark ups. But when we do, and I want to be good, we go to Outback. I get the lobster tails with a house salad and steamed broccoli. I do not eat the bread.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have a taste for chicken fajitas atm if that helps :) I usually just don't eat the tortillas because I prefer to have some chips instead and there's plenty of carbs elsewhere.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Look for a place called Bonefish. Great healthy food.

Or 52 Seasons
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i like trying new places all the time, so i don't normally hit up chain restaurants. and when i go i feast, mult apps, good wine, mult desserts and then back on track the next day.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    We don't eat out a whole lot...I prefer to cook at home. I can't stand restaurant mark ups. But when we do, and I want to be good, we go to Outback. I get the lobster tails with a house salad and steamed broccoli. I do not eat the bread.

Lobster sounds really good, plus the broccoli. Now I'm hungry.....again
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    http://www.applebees-menu.com/applebeesmenunutritionfacts.html

They have some lower cal stuff there. I like Olive Garden too - but I really have to watch the salad & breadsticks.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    red lobster can be pretty good as well. i ususally get some sort of baked or blackened fish with steamed broccoli. also, i limit myself to one cheddar bay biscuit; it's not very easy to do! :smile:
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE going out to eat. But then I decided to do my research. I went on line to each of our favorite places and found my best options for each. I found that just about every place has a healthy option. My favorite though is Chili's. They have a great menu for plates under 500 cals. Now we go out once a week. Especially since I don't believe in cooking on Fridays! :wink:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Hmm well there's:
    The Windjammer
    The Jerk House
    The Cuban Club
    Mongolian bbq night
    .....I'm guessing you weren't talking about any of these. (The Jerk House is the best though).
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both on here (and have both lost a good amount of weight--him almost 200 pounds), when we go out to eat, we go to Zea's, Bonefish Grill, any steakhouse, Mexican food, etc. We used to do Applebee's a lot, but haven't in a while. I also eat Indian / Nepali fairly regularly. I feel that there is *something* appropriate to eat almost anywhere (just avoid Chili's, lol). When we "splurg" or have a cheat day, we do the Chinese Buffet!

oh, sheesh, I forgot to mention our "after church" restaurant. We eat Greek food every Sunday!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I want to go out to dinner with a friend but, Im at a cross roads. I was thinking applebees.

Applebees I guess is OK if you want to find really low-cal foods. But last time I went there, it was like eating a plate full of salt. It's not very vegetarian friendly, so I rarely go there unless it's someone's birthday and that person's choice or something.

Truthfully, you can find healthy meals at any restaurant, so my suggestion would be go where you like and make a good choice. Or save up calories and get in a workout and get something you love that isn't so healthy.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory actually has a great 'healthy' menu, look it up online, I think called the Skinnylicious menu items...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Some place with pasta. =D If I'm gonna eat out I go for it.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I like going to local Asian and Mexican restaurants. At Asian restaurants I can usually find soup and a healthy salad/vegetable dish. At Mexican restaurants I go for a bean or chicken dish w/o cheese, sour cream etc
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Why not find a locally owned restaurant that cooks REAL food and not some chain restaurant that brings in much processed foods to "reheat".
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I like going to local Asian and Mexican restaurants. At Asian restaurants I can usually find soup and a healthy salad/vegetable dish. At Mexican restaurants I go for a bean or chicken dish w/o cheese, sour cream etc

We do the same...........

Asian - Soup, meat and stir fry veggies

Mexican - shrimp, chicken and steak fajitas, extra guacamole, sour cream and salsa - no beans, no rice and no tortillas.