Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gaining weight.

Hii guys, I'm just wondering how to gain weight. I'm 16 years old and under weight (45kg). I have a fast metabolism aswell. Lemme know what I can do to get some gains :heart:

Replies

• mammutski
    mammutski Posts: 3 Member
    Eat 5-6 times daily. Lots of meat and carbs. After each meal - protein shake with a banana and whole milk with two scoops of protein.

Also read this:

https://www.jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101085062-2016-help-a-friend-get-stronger#:~:text=Eat less at each meal,protein and vegetable/fruit first.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    Having a protein shake after every meal will work, but it is an expensive option as well as can be hard to choke down when you are feeling full.

I do support the idea of eating more frequent, smaller meals throughout the day.

Also I want to throw out the knowledge that some people simply do not mature into their adult bodies until a little later. I was my full adult height by age 13, but did not reach full adult width (wide shoulders) until age 22. You may be the same.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Have you checked out the Gaining Weight and Bodybuilding section here? There's a post in the Most Helpful Posts subsection of that which is aimed at people similar to you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

Best wishes!
  • Jtw333
    Jtw333 Posts: 3 Member
    1st thing I'd mention is that you need to be patient. At your age you will not add mass fast at all. When I graduated high school I was about 150lbs. It wasn't till I was about 22 when I finally broke 200. At this age your dealing with hormones and genetics. Many of the youth I've worked with over the years has focused on eating dense caloric foods. Sadly, in this day, much of the food isn't as health as it says it is. Stay away from cheap weight gainers and powdered proteins. DEFINATLEY stay away from the caffeine drinks, or at least the ones without all the garbage in them. I've had a few Celsius drinks and they were pretty good, but expensive. Keep it simple and don't overcomplicate things. Just keep eating. Not to say eat fast food daily, however plan some simple things you can make. I use to get 150 piece platters from Chick Fil A weekly for my meals. There's lots of options out there, just need to be creative. I lived on PB&J for awhile. Lastly, have some fun while you're doing this. 1 step at a time.
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    Add extra ingredients to dishes to increase calories, such as adding cheese to a casserole or spreading nut butter on whole-wheat toast. You can also add powdered or liquid milk to foods to increase protein and calories. Mashed potatoes or soups are some examples. Try smoothies and milkshakes.