Weight loss and high heels

Options
Are there any people here who used to get VERY sore walking in heels but after losing weight can do it much easier now, since their feet aren't carrying so much weight while crammed into the pretty sky-high ones?

I reallllly want to be able to wear sexy heels when my body is where I want it to be and I'm hoping maybe weight loss will make it suck less.

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    i haven't reached my goal yet but i still wear heels. i think the trick is to start out with some low heels and gradually work your way up. i try to stay away from stilletos for now and i've found that 3.25 inch heels are my limit. wedges are a great way to get height and they're a lot more comfortable.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I've lost a little over 55 pounds and yes it makes it MUCH easier. But I wore them before anyway...I hate flats. Keep it up
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    In general, yes, it is more comfortable.

However, I have been at/near my goal weight before, and even then, some heels were still quite painful.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am down 51 pounds and was just thinking this to myself the other day. I teach school, so I stand ALL DAY LONG. I used to alternate heels and flats. But since I've lost weight, I can wear heals all week & my feet aren't cursing me by Friday.
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today... my feet fit better into my heels and, where I used to feel some strain in my legs after a day of work... not so much anymore and that's only 12 lbs
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!! I am one of those girls who loves heels and always wore them religiously (the higher the better). When I started gaining weight my shoe size started increasing and I could barely stand in the same shoes I used to wear all day with no problem. Now, I can walk in heels all day again and it makes a huge difference, not back to my goal weight yet. My shoe size has even gone down.
  • girlypop
    Options
    It for sure makes a huge difference! When your at a healthy weight heels are suddenly doable. I mean there are still ridiculous 6' heels that I'll never be comfortable wearing but other heels suddenly seem a little easier.

And those legs you have been working out will look even sexier ;)
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    HUZZAHHHH! Great news! Thank you everyone! I have so many beautiful pairs (my boyfriend loooves heels on me so he buys them all the time for me) but I hurt too much to wear them (like even just to a venue where I'll be sitting kills). Yeah - that's excellent inspiration! No more complaining about the pain from squats/lunges/calf raises then! C'monnnn sexy heels!