what all does your daily food journal include???

Options
My food diary in MFP shows my Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Cholestrol......

i think these are imp things which i should check and calculate daily......

but you think i should replace or may be add a few more categories to this?? how about trans fat or saturated fats??? etc...??? or this is more than enuf?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Mine includes the automatic calores, carbs, fat, and protein, and then I added in fiber and calcium so I can make sure I'm getting enough of those. Those are the main things I'm interested in right now. I think it really depends upon the individual person - you might be more interested in something I'm not that worried about, ykwim?
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Calories, carbs, sugar, sodium, fat, and fiber. I think. Maybe. calories, sugar, and sodium are what I watch most.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'd add fiber and sodium,
  • ruthiegirl66
    Options
    Mine has the basics, calories, carbs, protein, fat and I track iron intake because I am anemic. I helped my husband set his up so he could track sodium intake on his because he has blood pressure issues. That is what is so great about this site, you can personalize it to your specific needs.
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I also added Fibre and Sodium.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    i added sodium and sugar, they are the ones i have the most issues with. but on the phone app i can see every single nutrient, which is really nice.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sugar, Sodium
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would say track what you, personally, need to keep an eye on. I don't track sugar, sodium or cholesterol because I alrrady know I don't eat much of those things. I track:

saturated fat - to make sure I don't get much
    calcium, carbs, and iron - because I tend to be under a lot
    protein - because I tend to be over almost daily
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I think if you list too many its hard to keep track so I only added fiber.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i added sodium and sugar, they are the ones i have the most issues with. but on the phone app i can see every single nutrient, which is really nice.

oh yes i just noticed dat phone app shows all the categories!! yeay!!! :drinker:
  • krissykross
    Options
    I added sugar and sodium, because that's where I have the most trouble.