Overboard in October: Bye Bye Fatty!

Options
Welcome to the October Exercise Challenge Series. This month you will need to make your own teams. I will not be leading a team this month. Feel free to post your weekly scores and encourage one another this month. Also for individuals not wanting to participate in a team please feel free to join us and participate! I've also introduced a 3rd level of fitness for our members who are just beginning an exercise program and those who are morbidly obese! As a former morbidly obese person for nearly 25 years I understand the needs and have put together this program to help you get moving! Its time to throw fatty overboard in October me mateys! Argggg its going to be another great month!

So how much are you committing to losing!

I'm going to donate 1lb of candy to our Church Outreach in October for each pound I lose! How bout you what can you do to effect the lives of others?

Now man the sails, swab the decks and pull up the Anchor we are setting sail to a bright future!

Blessings,

gary

Replies

• Think I will be following along from the sidelines this month......
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Gary -

The last two challenges have had themes; Kick the Crap out of August and Tribal Challenge - I I detect a hint o' buccanneer in yer voice, so would Overboard in October be a pirate theme? There's been nothing said about how to name our teams for this one...
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    My team is ready to go and we are the Booty Hunters
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    I am sorry Gary i couldn't complete the September challenge because i got injured and got 5 stitches on my knee but i am good to go.. i still lost 1.5 lbs.... but i'll give my 110% in October .. this month is very important for me... i wont be in any team because i would be traveling A LOT.. but would be following the workouts and motivating others.. Please keep me updated about the forum...
    XOXO
    Sue
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm in but going solo. Thank you for making me feel great in Sept!!! Lets do this.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My team is ready to go and we are the Booty Hunters

This.

BOOTY HUNTERS!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and jump back in on this one, but feel it would be best if I want solo as well.

Good luck everyone.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month!!!
    I would like to be a team member this month,
    otherwise I'll follow along on my own. :happy:
  • ostera15
    Options
    Going to be following along solo this month! Thanks Gary!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in. . love to have a team, but will go solo if I have to
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Gary, you stay with these challenges and helping others..I love it...But I won't be doing Overboard in October with a group...I will be going solo dolo this month from the sidelines.....Thanks
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Gary, count me in!!! I think I will give my team a rest and roll on. So, I'm ready...LET'S GO!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Im in, but following on my own.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in but looking for a team
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm in...perhaps on my own...checking around for a team.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am in - but zig zagging calories in October - so will be following on the sidelines so I don't cause a team to lose points with being over calories at times.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am in from the sidelines...I start my new job in October (first one in 3 years) and i don't want to let a team down if I can't keep up!

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Also, for every pound I lose in October, I pledge to give $5 for every pound for my charity "Kids against Hunger" at my daughters' school.

Lets do this!!!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cindy0716
    Options
    @Crystal_Rudolph

"Also, for every pound I lose in October, I pledge to give $5 for every pound for my charity "Kids against Hunger" at my daughters' school."

This is an awesome idea !!