Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tips to win weight quick

I’m young and weight 50kg, I don’t know how to win weight quicker and in a more efficient way. If some of y’all have some tips I would be delighted to hear them, thanks.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,886 Member
    At 110lbs that's already pretty light even if you're a small person. What is it that you're trying to do?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • farrellemalcolm4573
    farrellemalcolm4573 Posts: 5 Member
    Easiest way to increase weight is eat a standard American style fast food diet. But why would you want to increase “weight”, you’ll just be skinny fat. I’m guessing you want to increase lean body weight, with muscle hypertrophy? Any weight training programme with sufficient nutrition and rest will allow your body to adapt. Aim for 1 gram of protein per day per lb body weight, you can get this from your food without supplements. Low fat will allow you to make sure you take on enough carbs too (high protein often comes with high fat so think chicken breast rather than Big Mac). Lighter weights with maybe 10 reps per set will likely stimulate more growth than heavier weight that you can only manage 6 or fewer reps per set which will make for less size growth but more strength. Google hypertrophy and ignore probably half of what you find!
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    Eating small, frequent meals helps develop a healthy appetite. Plan 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day. Quick snack ideas – crackers and cheese, yogurt and fruit, peanut butter toast, fruit and nut mix, hard-boiled eggs, tuna on crackers, or egg salad.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    This is the second thread along the lines of "I'm a young male weigh 50kg wanna gain weight fast" in the last two days by two different first-time posters. Coincidence, or fake entries?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    This is the second thread along the lines of "I'm a young male weigh 50kg wanna gain weight fast" in the last two days by two different first-time posters. Coincidence, or fake entries?

Brace yourself for a lot more of these posts. This is a bad, bad fad for young men:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a61941240/trenbolone-steroid-trend/