Shopping for clothes NSV

Options
nananie2
nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
A little victory I felt compelled to share this morning:

I hadn't shopped for clothes in months and months. My pants were falling off my butt, but since I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothes that might fit me for who knows how long, I was waiting.

Summer clothes were all right, flowy dresses were just a bit more flowy than usual. But as the weather really started to look like fall weather, I had to dig into my wardrobe to find some dressy pants and fitted skirts, just because fall lets you get away with that...

But you guessed it, none of them fitted me anymore. So I did a little shopping this morning... The fat girl in me decided that I had to try on a size 15 first, you know, I was a size 18 after all... Well, too big. So I thought a size 13 might be a fit. Not! Size 11, really?? Hell YES! I just couldn't believe it... I went from a size 18 to a size 11! I couldn't even remember how sizes worked in the non-plus section of the store...

Let me tell you, I can't wait to strot in my skinny skirt and knee-high boots this weekend!

I'll keep that little shopping trip in mind next time my scale decides to play dumb with me... :happy:

Replies

• xinahay123
    Options
    Woohoo!! That is great news!! Strut your stuff!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Well done!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    LOVE it!!!
  • alohabrie
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats to you for that hard work!
  • anne0520
    Options
    congratulations that must feel great :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That is the most awesome feeling!!! Way to go!:happy:
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just think how SHOCKED you'll be the next time you go out and shop! Keep up the great work.
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I bet you were ECSTATIC over your ELEVENS!
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The best feeling of all! It's nice to see the scale move downward, but shopping for smaller sizes is where you can really SEE the difference. You don't walk around with your weight or your clothing size written across your forehead, but it's a much better indication of how small you're getting! Like when you watch the final weigh-in on Biggest Loser. They are itty-bitty but still have some weight to them because of all of that muscle. Great job!
  • aubrey0199
    Options
    Way to go! That is just awesome. :)
  • nananie2
    Options
    Thanks guys! :happy:

Now I'm more pumped than ever to lose those last 20 pounds...

Maybe my next shopping trip will lead me in the single digits? :bigsmile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!!
  • DTRTinAZ
    Options
    Okay you little hottie...you've inspired me to get a bit more serious about losing my last few. Nan...so proud of you! Rock those new clothes!
  • LuisaAdames
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!! :-) Strut your stuff cuz you totally deserve it!

CW: 145
    GW: 132
    Current size: 10
    Goal Size: 6

No weight loss yet. :-( But, I'm sticking to it this time!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    How awesome is that?? To me fitting in smaller clothes is bigger than the scale. Mainly because I had so many clothes I couldn't fit into for the past year and now I can! And, It changes how I feel about myself when I know I dont' have bulges and bumps struggling to get free beneath my clothes!

Congratulations to YOU!!
  • AmyHarrison1983
    AmyHarrison1983 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! Enjoy this victory to it's fullest. Celebrate for sure!!
  • nananie2
    Options
    UPDATE...

Oh boy, did I strut!!! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!