Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm Back

LaniJae
LaniJae Posts: 6 Member
Hey Friends, so here's the deal. I had a little health scare that pretty much said, "Hey maybe its time to put down the pizza, and pick up a carrot. So yeah, I'm ready to lose some weight and get healthier. Not just so I can finally win at tug-of-war with my jeans, but because, well, I kinda like the idea of sticking around awhile longer. Feel free to cheer me on, and if you see me getting too friendly with a donut, just... gently slap it out of my hands! 😊

Replies

• capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Welcome bk
  • LaniJae
    Thanks capgordon76🙂
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,265 Member
    @quinnyann - welcome back! We have a veggie and greens challenge over in the groups you may like the camaraderie! “Greens Challenge” 🌿
  • LaniJae
    Thank you I think I will
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    edited September 14
    Don’t forget- pizza is delish and cutting it out completely may make you throw up your hands.

We’ve gotten in the habit of stopping after evening aquafit for one takeout slice each, take it home and throw together a quick side salad. Voila! A nice pizza dinner for under 500 calories, and no temptation to overindulge, since we got single slices.

I also make quick pizzas using Jospeh’s lavash bread. There’s one version that’s very low cal. Spread some tube tomato paste on it, sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and ounce of mozarella (tip: mozarella - or any cheese variety- that hasn’t been preshredded is lower calorie than shredded, cheaper, fewer ingredients, waaaaay better tasting) and then we add our meat.

I like slivering prosciutto with my kitchen shears, husband likes turkey pepperoni. It’s amazing how many slices are in an ounce.

Anyway, pizza on the table in ten minutes, and it’s pretty darn tasty.

All this to say, don’t think you have to live on a carrot diet forever and ever amen. Just throw your creative mind at the problem.