Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gaining weight

I weight 121.6 and trying to get up to 135 or 140 I want to know what really good for me to gain weight

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    You might want to select "Flag" then "Report" at the bottom of your post, and ask the moderators to move it to the "Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building" part of the MFP Community. (It's currently in the area for people who are trying to hold weight steady, so probably not as knowledgeable about gaining.)

Over in the Gaining Weight part, this post (from the Most Helpful Posts section) has some suggestions about how to gain:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

Slow gain plus strength training will give the best results for the majority of people. Gaining entirely from eating more is going to be almost entirely gain of body fat. I don't know your current situation or goals, but just adding only fat isn't necessarily what a lot of people prefer.

Whatever your goal, best wishes for success!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    calorie dense healthy foods.. like olive oil.. avocados... nut butters.
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    To effectively gain weight, it is recommended to eat nutrient-dense, calorie-dense foods such as nuts and nut butter, avocados, whole grains, lean proteins, dairy products, healthy oils, and starchy vegetables. Fruit smoothies, protein powders, yogurt, and dried fruits should also be included in the diet. Combining these foods with regular strength training can help build muscle mass.