Which is better?

Options
Working out to music, or watching TV while working out?

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think music because the right tune always make me move faster.
  • New_Hope
    Options
    I agree that working out to music helps me move faster. I've tried working out while watching tv, but then something happens on the show and I slow down or stop all together so that I can keep up with what's going on.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I agree with music. It sets a great tempo. You can find great songs for warming up, cooling down, and the hard part in between. lol
  • dmh837
    dmh837 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Music! Its amazing how just that right song amps you up to push a little harder.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I vote TV. If I am watching a movie or an interesting show, I don't even realize an hour has passed.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    9 times out of 10 I'd say music, but there are those certain shows that come on and I can workout on the elliptical for an hour and not even realize it!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Music
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    music
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Whatever makes you work out harder and allows you to enjoy it more.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For cardio, I love listening to Lady Gaga and Beyonce. For weight lifting I like more alternative/ hard rock. Never TV, I can't concentrate to lift and I run ALOT slower if I'm watching something on the treadmill.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Music
    It's too hard to fast forward through the commercials while I'm exercising....
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Whatever makes you work out harder and allows you to enjoy it more.

This!

But for me, music. No contest.
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Music. That way I can indulge in a good book while I'm on the elliptical!!:happy:
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My vote goes for the TV. If I am watching something on TV then I am NOT watching the display on my elliptical. If I only listen to music then my eyes focus on the numbers on my elliptical and it seems like forever for the workout to get over. You know a watched pot, so to speak!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I vote music too, but sometimes I read the news on the closed-caption tvs at my gym at the same time...
  • ilbcnuz
    ilbcnuz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Personally, I crank up the Ipod and turn on the closed captioning on the TV so I can have the best of both worlds. LOL
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When I had my recumbent bike I would grab both the remote and a good book. If there was nothing on TV I would read. To me music is something that goes on in the background, it's not great as the only source of entertainment. I turned exercise time into reading/TV time and suddenly it was a lot less of a chore.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to music and most often I'm listening to an audiobook.com
  • BttrflyKisses925
    BttrflyKisses925 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    while i think during tv is a good idea so ur not just sitting there, i tend to quit moving lol so w/ music is better cuz i tend to move to the beat of the music