Anxiety and weight issues

Hi guys ! I'm 30 yr old and have been suffering from anxiety and depression for past 6 years . I've gain almost 25 kgs from stress eating and food cravings. I'm getting the help I need with therapy and medication and I've recently joined this app to work on my weight loss. Inh advice or tips would be amazing. Thankyou

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,097 Member
    Do you drink alcohol?
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 41 Member
    You should replace your food with good and healthy supplements. You should also consult some good dieticians to track your food and guide you in a better way.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Uh yeah. No. Don’t replace your food with supplements.

The key to weight loss is knowing how many calories you’re taking in each day. If you haven’t got a digital food scale then buy a cheap one, and record to the last gram every bite of food, condiment and drink you eat. Follow MFPs set up for a low ish rate of loss per week (hint - most people find losing 0.5lb easier than 2lb because the reduction in calories is not so great), and be strict with yourself about recording your food. It gets easier, I promise.
  • Skylightsauc
    Skylightsauc Posts: 16 Member
    I dealt with your situation several years ago. Getting outside for some exercise really helped me. I also found that taking a 'safe food' every where I went really helped. I took an orange, takes time to peel, has fiber, not too many calories. If I felt hungry I ate the orange rather than grabbing junk food. Going to a local park a few times a week lifted my spirits too.
  • fmh1512
    fmh1512 Posts: 4 Member
    I stress eat… used come home from stressful job and look in fridge or get spoon out and the peanut butter jar. And it becomes a habit. Focus instead on replacing your go to food habit with an alternative. It will need be personal to your stress triggers. So you don’t focus on not eating. You focus on the alternative. In my case I said when get home late I’ll have a mint tea and clean my teeth straight away. Strong tastes like mint can help. As your mind wants a distraction from the stress so it’s looking for strong tastes and it’s calming scent…