Has anyone on here hit their goal look?

Just wondering if anyone has achieved their goal look with this app?

Answers

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,082 Member
    Yep I hit my goal weight counting calories on MFP.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,735 Member
    I reached my goals, but they don't include a goal "look", unless you count "reasonably strong, slim, and healthy" as a look. (Objectively, I look better than I did when I was obese, mostly, even though appearance wasn't an important goal for me.)

That said, I believe MFP can be a tool in the toolbox for reaching an appearance goal, as long as that goal is genetically and physiologically within reach for the individual at their current age/stage.

MFP will help a person track calories and nutrition, plus exercise. Those can be important for attractive appearance. Realistically, most typical appearance goals are going to require some strength training, and MFP's strength training tracking (of exercises and counts) is very, very limited and basic. There are outside apps that do a better job of that part.

What are your appearance goals? What general kinds of things are you thinking you may need to do (in the way of eating/activity), and are willing to do, to reach those goals? If you're more specific, people here could give you actual actionable advice.

Best wishes!
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 183 Member
    I logged my food. I met my calorie goals. I moved more. Repeat, repeat, repeat. So yes, I achieved my goal weight using this app.

But that’s when you realise it’s not a destination that you ‘arrive’ at, this is a continuous journey to ‘your best self’. Does that make sense? The app is easy to use, but it’s not magic: it is a (great) tool which helped me to discover I actually had the power to change ME. That’s a powerful thing.

SO I STILL log my food. I STILL meet my calorie goals. I STILL move more. Then repeat, repeat, repeat.

I’m in it for the long haul!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,842 Member
    Goal look is a difficult thing to try to achieve as you've no idea how your body looks like underneath the extra lbs. Also, goal look might be something totally unrealistic, like a photoshopped fitness model or someone who lifts weights and eats perfectly for years.