Help with Calories

Options
I hate eating out...Its so stressful but its unavoidable for me....
I did have chinese for lunch...Shrimp and Veggies and had them put the sauce on the side and dipped my fork like I would do for Salad Dressing. I did have a few fried wonton chips but maybe 5 tops and I ate my fortune cookie.
I am guessing on the calories though...I try to over estimate...but want to know if everyone else does that too.
I found calories for steamed shrimp, steamed broccolli and steamed mushrooms and for the wonton chips and the cookie. I can't find anything on the sauce bc of course who knows whats in it.

Is guessing ok, sometimes?

Replies

• tonlynn
    Options
    Estimations are fine, I try to keep it all correct, but sometimes the info just isn't available. Its better to put something down and keep on track rather than ignoring a meal- it tends to derail the day. 100 calories in either direction won't make a huge difference on those occasional meals. Good Luck!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do for eating out is log everything separately obviously, but try to find out the portion sizes. This can be difficult in a Chinese restaurant (no offense to Chinese folks), but in other places like steakhouses it's easy. Some have the calories on the menu, but you can always ask the server how many ounces your steak, chicken or fish is. Also normal side servings are 1 cup. Like 1 cup of rice, or 1 cup of veggies, etc. If it looks like more, just ask.
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    I estimate all the time and just try to find something as close as possible to what I ate. I tend to overestimate just in case.