Should I really be this tired after my workout

Options
For a while I was pretty energized after my workouts, but this week is a little different, I am doing JM ripped in 30 then we usually take a 30 minute walk after that. I am usually drained after but perk back up a little while later. No the last couple of days I wake up at 5 am and have tons of energy and I am good to go till we workout then I am just beat. Any ideas?

Replies

• shana0609
    Options
    I'm the same way. After my workout's I'm pooped. I don't see how people get up at 5 in the morning and workout then goto their jobs. I'd be sleep everyday.
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Is your monthly visitor here. This happens to me. I just DRAAAAAAGGGGGG and it sucks. Just a thought.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I also wake up at 5am, am doing Ripped in 30 and am on level 2. I also walk/hike or some other kind of excerise later in the day or early evening. I have also been feeling very tired since I started Ripped. I completed all the levels on shred before starting ripped and was fine, had more energy from it. So I am thinking since we both of us are doing very similar things it may be the ripped work out. I am eating very well and drinking lots of water also. Look forward to seeing what others have to say. Here's to finding our engery back
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    For me, if I eat crap, especially sugar and salt, the next day I have absolutely no energy. Once I get my workout done, I'm good for nothing. If I stick with healthy eating, I'm the energizer bunny. I can work out for three hours and be working on my feet for the next 8.
  • heymommy0
    Options
    Is your monthly visitor here. This happens to me. I just DRAAAAAAGGGGGG and it sucks. Just a thought.

Nope I had a hysterectomy June 30th so none of that
  • heymommy0
    Options
    Interesting. I also wake up at 5am, am doing Ripped in 30 and am on level 2. I also walk/hike or some other kind of excerise later in the day or early evening. I have also been feeling very tired since I started Ripped. I completed all the levels on shred before starting ripped and was fine, had more energy from it. So I am thinking since we both of us are doing very similar things it may be the ripped work out. I am eating very well and drinking lots of water also. Look forward to seeing what others have to say. Here's to finding our engery back

My friend and I are doing it together and we are just so tired maybe it is just that intense
  • heymommy0
    Options
    For me, if I eat crap, especially sugar and salt, the next day I have absolutely no energy. Once I get my workout done, I'm good for nothing. If I stick with healthy eating, I'm the energizer bunny. I can work out for three hours and be working on my feet for the next 8.

I have been eating realy well for a while now nothing to bad at all. I never had this problem till we started this workout so maybe its just this video
  • boomboom011
    Options
    are you taking a daily multi-vitamin?
  • heymommy0
    Options

No actually J and I were just talking about that last night, they make me sick to my stomach and they just come back up I have tried all of the womens ones even my pre-natals made me sick.......if you have any that you can think of or any ideas on a good one let me know please.
  • boomboom011
    Options

No actually J and I were just talking about that last night, they make me sick to my stomach and they just come back up I have tried all of the womens ones even my pre-natals made me sick.......if you have any that you can think of or any ideas on a good one let me know please.

ok i had the same problem until i started taking them at night or with my lunch. i never take them on an empty stomach and ONLY after I have eaten. You can always try the gummies for kids.
  • heymommy0
    Options

ok i had the same problem until i started taking them at night or with my lunch. i never take them on an empty stomach and ONLY after I have eaten. You can always try the gummies for kids.

I will try the gummies I have some anyways since the kiddos take them thanks :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What are you eating after this hard workout for recovery? Maybe try changing that up a little so you're replenishing the right nutrients that will help you be more energetic.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You said your eating well but are you eating enough? I see in your profile you have three little ones to take care of...add in all that exercise and your buring WAY WAY more calories than you probably think. :) You really have to give that body some fuel!
  • heymommy0
    Options
    You said your eating well but are you eating enough? I see in your profile you have three little ones to take care of...add in all that exercise and your buring WAY WAY more calories than you probably think. :) You really have to give that body some fuel!

You know that maybe some of it, I do try to have a protien shake after but I have been out and have not had one after my workouts lately. I have been eating a bigger breakfast lately to make up for some calories I make sure to have two snacks lunch and dinner, but maybe I am not eating enough to give my body all the fuel that I do need