question

Options
Hi, how do you keep track of calories when you order food from a menu at the restaurant? Is there a way you can have access to the nutritional values and calories of the food you are picking from a menu?

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Lots of restaurants have their menu nutritional information online. If not you can ask them if they have it handy, or enter the ingredients into the database for a best guess. Just be careful with portion size.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of restaurants that have their nutritional info on their websites. The data base here also has nutritional info from restaurants, that members have entered! I would tend to rely more on the restaurant website info though!
  • adamsonam
    Options
    Use the mobile app if you can. Otherwise I would plan ahead and use the database here. Also takes the guess work out of what to order when you get there.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As others said, a lot of major chains have their food available online, many are in the database. For those that arent, look at the components. If your ordering a burger, how many ounces is it? What % fat is it? What topings are you putting on it? All of these are built into the database, and can be a good way to get a fair estimate
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There is a restaurant nutrition app if you have an i-phone that has most national chains nutrttion info.
  • Shadi75
    Options
    How do u find access to data base info on resturants here on line or on your phone? btw, thanks for the reply.
  • Shadi75
    Options
    I am new here. how do i access the data base from my mobile?