What Do Your Meals Look Like ... (Slowcooker Cabbage-Veg Weight Loss Soup)

mjbnj0001
mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,195 Member
Since I'm having issues seeing any current entries on the usual "What Do Your ..." thread (apparently there's a defect-correction fix from MFP in the works), I'm posting this individual entry.

Just back from a weeklong cruise to Bermuda from NYC. Meals aboard ranged from good to great, and I'm happy to say I didn't over-indulge (too much). However, the food was richer than I usually eat, including much more meat, salt and other components, and there were a few included treats, LOL.

So, I broke out the slowcooker on return and am living off a batch of cabbage-veg soup (also called Weight Watchers soup, Weight Loss soup, etc. - there are many variations), in order to reset myself and drop the couple of pounds I picked up (even with all the uptick in activity) I had on the cruise. I often do a start-of-the-year version of this.

For this batch, I went with red cabbage, which gave off a deep red broth. Also, this simple chop-and-dump slowcooker soup included red onions, carrots, celery, green peppers, canned tomatoes (unsalted), minced garlic, tomato sauce (unsalted), plus some herbs and black pepper seasoning. That's it. 5 hours in my cooker. The result is very tasty and filling, very low calorie, etc.

1. All chopped and dumped, ready to cook.
2. At the end of 5 hours.
3. In the bowl.

You'll notice I used a crockpot liner. I'm more on the fence about these now, with news about the profliferation of microplastics and "forever chemicals," although online notes seem to imply they are safe at these low slowcooker temps. Any thoughts backed by research? I'd be curious.

ywgac2997oii.jpeg

hov1aqrhygzb.jpeg

vgn5yugr8b74.jpeg

Replies

• Looks great! Love a good slow-cooker soup recipe!

6ymvxtuardze.jpeg

I've been making this High Protein Stuffed Pepper Soup with garlic knots. Perfect for lunches throughout the week!