Pescetarian

Options
One year after changing my eating habits, i noticed that I have been having a huge urge for fish and nothing but. I used to crave steaks and chicken, but now all I ever eat is tilapia, shrimp, mahi mahi, whiting, salmon, you name it! Ive lost more weight since switching to just fish/seafoods. It tastes cleaner to me.

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Amazing what you put in our bodys really makes a big difference. Just changing the meat and the amounts of food. Congratulations for making a positive change in your Healthy Journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • siabevis
    Options
    Thankyou!! You are so sweet!
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love the pescetarian diet. Awesome job on the change and keep it up!
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was Pescetarian for a long time and love it -- giving up beef and pork just feels right to me too. I did eventually end up adding poultry back in.

Fish oils are so good for you! And of course fish is great protein. Shrimp is an UNBELIEVABLE protein, with almost not fat (depending how it's prepared), as I'm sure you already know. Glad your new regimen is working out for you! Best wishes for continued success, health and happiness.

p.s. More people should give up beef! (and pork) Producing these meats uses much too much of our open-land and clean-water resources, compared to others kinds of proteins.
  • siabevis
    Options
    whats funny is that i didnt do it on purpose lol. im not against other meats. ill switch back and forth when my hubs gets home from afghanistan
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    Aaargh! I would eat a lot more fish if I lived on the coast! When I travel to the east or west, I eat it almost exclusively.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was Pescetarian for a long time and love it -- giving up beef and pork just feels right to me too. I did eventually end up adding poultry back in.

Fish oils are so good for you! And of course fish is great protein. Shrimp is an UNBELIEVABLE protein, with almost not fat (depending how it's prepared), as I'm sure you already know. Glad your new regimen is working out for you! Best wishes for continued success, health and happiness.

p.s. More people should give up beef! (and pork) Producing these meats uses much too much of our open-land and clean-water resources, compared to others kinds of proteins.

As opposed to fishing... which only depletes the ocean ecosystem beyond all reason.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options

As opposed to fishing... which only depletes the ocean ecosystem beyond all reason.

Well said!
  • Ebbsies
    Options

And you are forgetting about the heavy metals/toxins that will build up over time in your body from eating too much fish, that is unless you are rich and can find it organic, without salt added and without some funky label of it coming from somewhere in Asia..... everything in moderation applies once again.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options

that depends on your source - same with beef or pork or poultry or anything else. There are good sustainable wild fisheries out there, and there will be more if you vote with your consumer dollar to support them. do your homework and buy wisely.