I overate and I'm disappointed...please help!

Options
it's been a very emotional couple of days. I've stayed on track and been really consistent the past couple of weeks. But today I went to Pei Wei and ate my entire bowl of noodles as well as some edamame. Now I feel bloated, overstuffed and SO disappointed in myself for letting my emotions get the better of me. I went over my calories but they will be easy to make up with some exercise. The problem is that it's only 2:00 here in AZ and I'm supposed to have dinner and drinks tonight. Shiit!!! How can I damage control this and get back on track FAST?!?!?

Replies

• tthomps71
    Options
    Let it go, refocus, make good choices tonight and start fresh tomorrow!
  • dclouden
    dclouden Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Take your own advice...don't be sorry, be better. You can't change the past, and all you can do is move forward. Make your next meal a healthy one. If you want to eat/drink something extra, add some exercise. Forgive yourself and move forward. This journey is taken one step, one meal, one day at a time.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Don't damage control forget about it, move on and do better tomorrow. We've all has days like this and beating yourself up about it won't help.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat one day, enjoy your evening within reason and if you're over, you're over. Get back on track tomorrow and it's all good.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    we had breakfast and lunch potlucks today at work and its only 215 here also.... so i feel your pain... i guess just exercise and move on and do better tomorrow? :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Go out for dinner and drinks. One day won't ruin your diet. Although since you feel so sick, try to remember that feeling next time you're about to over eat.

...now I want to go to Pei Wei.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Take your own advice...don't be sorry, be better. You can't change the past, and all you can do is move forward. Make your next meal a healthy one. If you want to eat/drink something extra, add some exercise. Forgive yourself and move forward. This journey is taken one step, one meal, one day at a time.

THIS!

Treat it like a maintenance day and go forward. We have to be our own best friend instead of beating ourselves up every time we think we do something wrong. Remove the guilt from food!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am from AZ too I live in Gilbert, it is early, but you know you over ate according to you, just pick up and get right back on you plan, Don't skip dinner eat just as you would if Pei Wei would'nt of happened. Take this a day at a time.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    you would have to eat 3000 calories above what you burn breathing and being awake and do nothing else that day to gain one pound. We did not gain it all in one day, and won't lose it all in one day. Likewise, one day of falling off the healthy wagon is not going to send us down that slippery slope. Let it go. Enjoy your day. Tomorrow is a brand new day. :drinker:
  • wnw64
    wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We are all entitled to a little over indulgence.... As you said, you can make it up if you feel you have, however, I wouldn't sweat it. For the rest of the day, just try to address your hunger with distractions, water & lower calorie items. One day of over-eating isn't gonna kill your progress anymore than One day of watching what you eat is gonna make your pants fall off.

Bottom Line - you had a tough day & you needed some comfort, just treat it as one day & refocus tomorrow....

YOU CAN DO IT !!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body benefits from a major blow out and you find that you'll lose more weight than expected. Don't panic!!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I feel totally snapped outta my crap and as soon as this food baby in my belly digests a little I'll do my shred workout and hit the gym. I've been so on target the past couple weeks so it's ok for me to go off a bit. I guess I just got a little paranoid since I've only recently seem to get better at dealing with my addictive food behavior. And yes I am taking my own advice and instead of being sorry I'll be better than ever! Ready to conquer the world again...thanks guys!
  • msgadget
    msgadget Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dont be hard on yourself today is one day. What we are doing is a way of life and not a quick fix. Look for the positive in everything you do and the decision and outcome. Although you have had a difficult few days after your meal you feel you have let yourself down but I can show you the positive. Yes you have eaten more than you would have wanted, but the POSITIVE is you acknowladge what you have done and what you need to do. We fall down and may get a scratch on our knee but we get back up dust and keep walking:happy: :happy: Msgadget UK
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Like everyone seems to be saying, try to let it go. This can be difficult, yes, but one day won't kill you. Heck, I've been overeating this entire week, and I haven't changed in weight. Now, I'm not saying you should follow my lead! I'm tired of overeating...but, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Just try to make healthy choices tonight, and you should be fine. Hope that helps!