Decrease calorie tips

Hi! I used the free trial MFP Premium in the past and was able to lose weight. I then tried a discounted price of WW and was successful. I stopped tracking food about 10 months ago and gained a good amount back. I bought Premium last week and want to become consistent again. WW worked great, but I like how MFP also tracks my nutrients. If anybody has any tips on decreasing calories, yet still feel full, please give me some tips. I’ve been eating over 1000 calories of what I’m recommended almost every day since I started using it this past Tuesday.

Replies

• Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 53 Member
    I’ve found increasing fibre intake and water helps with feeling fuller, therefore I am less likely to eat over the calorie goal.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,764 Member
    Fiber and protein help many people feel more full.
    Some people feel more satiated eating low carb and/or high fat. (Other people feel deprived when eating low carb)
    Some people ate volume eaters: lots of low calorie high volume foods like salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes...
    Some people like to do intermittent fasting to limit the hours per day when they can eat. (Other people get more hungry and then overeat if they do intermittent fasting).

It's highly individual, so do some personal experiments to find out?
    For example: low carb is not for me, but intermittent fasting was good for me for a number of months (skipping breakfast). And I regularly eat salads for lunch.
  • Boodybuilder1001
    Boodybuilder1001 Posts: 4 Member
    It’s great that you’re getting back on track! To help decrease calories while still feeling full, try focusing on high-volume, low-calorie foods like vegetables and lean proteins. Foods high in fiber (like beans, lentils, and whole grains) and healthy fats (like avocado and nuts) can also help you feel fuller longer. Drinking water before meals and eating slowly might also reduce overeating. You’ve got this!