just signed up

Options
Hi everyone! I just signed up; saw a post from a friend on FB about her weight loss and how the site has been tremendously helpful for her. I logged today"s "food entries"-wow, the calories add up!!! As a stay at home mom, it is hard to get myself motivated at times. Do any of you feel that way? Are there tricks that any of you use to get yourself off the couch? Anyway, I hope this site proves to be helpful in my journey and that everyone finds motivation!

Replies

• rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    AS a Stay at home mom you are at a disadvantage, b/c you are around food ALL DAY, but also at an advantage b/c you are better able to make yourself healthy food....i just started doing more with my kids at the park, taking long walk and things like that. Good luck and add me as a friend if you want!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    welcome and this site is awesome, I too didn't realize all the food I was shoveling in until I started logging here.Add me as a friend if you want.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP sexypr1ncess pleasure to meet you:flowerforyou:
    I'm glad your friend brought you to MFP. Awesome site to get encouraged and great friendship of positive support!! Healthy Journey!!
  • sexypr1ncess
    sexypr1ncess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • Lyft4Life
    Lyft4Life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I am also a housewife and I have a hard time getting up from the computer some days. I am hoping this site and making friends on here is going to make the difference.
  • ambie443
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom, and love my computer and tv and ice cream, what I am learning is its all about moderation. and no matter how sore or tired you are work out.
  • lexie516
    lexie516 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WELCUM. U WUD JUS HAVE TO PUSH URSELF IF U WANT RESULTS U HAVE TO DO WAT IT TAKES TO GET THEM,.,,,, SO GET UP OFF THAT COUCH N PUT ON UR FAVORITE SONG N SHAKE UR BODY JUS STUFF LIKE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. OR EVEN SITTIN TRY DOIN SUM CALF RAISES WHILE UR SITTIN N WATCHIN TV. OR GRAB A WATER BOTTLE AND USE IT LIKE A DUM BELL N START LIFTING...THERES MANY THING U CAN DO EVEN AT HOME TO TRY AND STAY N SHAPE... U CAN DO IT HUNNY HARD WORK IN DEDICATION
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    welcome! as a sahm I sure can relate but, it can work :-) feel free to add me and look at my food diaries for food ideas. You can do this!!!