Ketone positive (+ to +++) in urine test

Options
I have trying to eat net calories of 1600 each day per MFP's suggestion. Everyday, I checked ketone in my urine using testing strip. Almost everyday, the morning fasting result is positive, +, or even +++. But during day, at different time points, it is usually -, or +.

Does this related to my limited food intake and high exercise, or related to taking a balanced food? Or does that relate to my water drinking too much or too less?

Anybody has similar experience? How can I stabilize my urine ketone to negative (-) all time?

Thanks a lot,

William.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Duplicate thread
  • num1
    num1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Before I can comment on your question could you please let me know if you are Diabetic and if so are you Typr 1 or 2. I can only assume the reason you are measuring urine keytones is to determine the BG through a urine test.
  • luwangming2001
    Options
    thanks.

I have been told that my risk for diabetes is increasing as the A1C measured 3 weeks ago is 0.1 higher than the upper bound of the normal range, i.e., 5.7.

so I do think I am diabetes yet... But I am trying best to eat right meal coupled with exercise to have a good U-turn.

regards,
    William.