Anyone want to lose 50 lbs with me?

Hey there!
Returning user here. I’m almost 3 years postpartum with baby number two, 81 days sober from alcohol, started exercising a couple months ago and now I’m ready to work on letting go of the weight I’ve put on.

CW-206 lbs
GW-155 lbs

I’m 5’10” and 39 years old! I’d love even just one person who’s serious so we can do this together!

3dw1s1o1c6uf.jpeg
umg5bstwwcxw.jpeg

Replies

• anxietyfairy
    anxietyfairy Posts: 16 Member
    I'm interested!
  • MichelleCarroll9075
    MichelleCarroll9075 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi
    I would be interested in doing it with you. I’m 57 post menopause looking to lose 25kg so around 100lbs I’m also new to here. I’m based in the uk so might be fun with us having different cultures etc x
  • MichelleCarroll9075
    MichelleCarroll9075 Posts: 2 Member
    Ps well done on being 81 days sober xx
  • 31hoodies
    31hoodies Posts: 4 Member
    Yes please! I’m 47 and have gained back 30 of my 100 pound kiss. I’m devastated in myself.
  • LK1234fitness
    LK1234fitness Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing!!! I'm with ya!
  • Amanita_Porpoise
    Amanita_Porpoise Posts: 6 Member
    I'm new here, and also trying to lose 50lbs. I'd love a buddy, or buddies, to help keep me accountable and motivated!
  • Amanita_Porpoise
    I somehow skimmed over the sober part, congrats! I am 86 days sober! IWNDWYT <3
  • colleentalamantes
    colleentalamantes Posts: 6 Member
    I would like to join also. I am new, been using the app for 4 days. My CW is 222, GW 164. I was successful with WW but lost my mojo and regained. Since I’m 69, I want this to be my forever lifestyle.
  • katrose1985
    katrose1985 Posts: 53 Member
    @colleentalamantes send me a friend request! I’d love to have you in my circle!
  • katrose1985
    @Amanita_Porpoise that’s so cool! We’d pretty be doing sobriety together too! Send me a friend request!
  • katrose1985
    @LK1234fitness sounds good! Send me a friend request!
  • katrose1985
    @MichelleCarroll9075 id LOVE to do this with you! Send my a friend request! I tried to add you but your account is private!
  • katrose1985
    @31hoodies id love to have you do this with me! The more the merrier! Send me a friend request!
  • Amanita_Porpoise
    @Amanita_Porpoise that’s so cool! We’d pretty be doing sobriety together too! Send me a friend request!

Done! ... I think
  • colleentalamantes
    colleentalamantes Posts: 6 Member
    Has anyone that said they were interested in losing 50# ever been successful in the past? I’m just curious about what has worked for people. Weight Watchers worked for me until it didn’t. Part of the reason was my sister who attended meetings and exercised with me moved.
  • Jaimeee333
    Jaimeee333 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey there!
    Returning user here. I’m almost 3 years postpartum with baby number two, 81 days sober from alcohol, started exercising a couple months ago and now I’m ready to work on letting go of the weight I’ve put on.

CW-206 lbs
    GW-155 lbs

I’m 5’10” and 39 years old! I’d love even just one person who’s serious so we can do this together!

3dw1s1o1c6uf.jpeg
    umg5bstwwcxw.jpeg

Your story is so inspiring to me!! I lost 50 lbs but ended up gaining almost all of it back from pretty much giving up on myself. But I'm back and stronger than ever and would love to be on this journey with you!!!
  • Jaimeee333
    Jaimeee333 Posts: 9 Member
    Has anyone that said they were interested in losing 50# ever been successful in the past? I’m just curious about what has worked for people. Weight Watchers worked for me until it didn’t. Part of the reason was my sister who attended meetings and exercised with me moved.

I did!!! I lost about 50 lbs. From 227 lbs to 179 at my very lowest weight. What I mainly did was prioritize working out, for me I started by lifting weights but then also started aerobics on the side. In the start I went ham about 5-6 days a week. My biggest downfall was not eating enough and not finding what works for me when it came to dieting!!! Don't do what I did and starve; my biggest recommendation is find what works for you, in both exercise and your diet, it may take some time but it's worth it to experiment and find what works for lasting results!!!! Good luck and you got this!!!!
  • katrose1985
    @Jaimeee333 send me a friend request! I’d love to do this with you!!!

• violetamethyst
    violetamethyst Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to lose 50lbs with some people on a similar journey. I am 2.5 months post-partum with my 5th baby. My current weight is 185lbs and my goal weight is 135lbs. I am 5’4” so this extra weight feels like a million pounds, and makes the arthritis in my ankle so much worse (I shattered my heels in 2017 while cliff jumping). Right before I got pregnant last year I was at 128lbs and by August this year I was 180lbs. I have been successful losing weight after all of my pregnancies so I’m excited for the journey and know I can do it. The hardest thing for me this time around is portion control and snacking, but using MyFitnessPal has always helped because tracking everything puts it into perspective. The other things that have helped me lose weight in the past are using my own modified version of THM (Trim Healthy Mama), drinking more water, walking, yoga and eating in a caloric deficit. I am wishing you luck on your journey as well (and everyone who posted)! We got this 🦋
  • 40b4fifty
    40b4fifty Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!