I'm a Newbie!!

Options
Hey everyone. I just wanted to say hello and tell you alittle of my story and why I am here!!

I work with a lady that joined Aug 2008 and in just 6 mths has already lost 85+lbs!! How amazing is that. I figured if she could do it, so could I.

I have my 10 yr wedding anniversary coming up in Nov. I want about 64 lbs off me by then. Not sure that will happen, but I am really ready to try. I want to renew my vows and have a wedding!! This is because I never had a wedding the first time. We got married @ the court house.

Current Weight: 239
Goal Weight: 175 (by Nov) 150 total weight

I need support from everyone!! Thanks for listening. Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

May GOD Bless each and every one of you.

Valerie :happy:

Replies

• vmiller2009
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to say hello and tell you alittle of my story and why I am here!!

I work with a lady that joined Aug 2008 and in just 6 mths has already lost 85+lbs!! How amazing is that. I figured if she could do it, so could I.

I have my 10 yr wedding anniversary coming up in Nov. I want about 64 lbs off me by then. Not sure that will happen, but I am really ready to try. I want to renew my vows and have a wedding!! This is because I never had a wedding the first time. We got married @ the court house.

Current Weight: 239
    Goal Weight: 175 (by Nov) 150 total weight

I need support from everyone!! Thanks for listening. Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

May GOD Bless each and every one of you.

Valerie :happy:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Your goal is very close to my own. I started at 230 and my goal weight is also 175. It has been tough, but the weight is starting to come off, thankfully. I think you'll find a lot here that will help you. Have you started working out? It really helps a lot. I've had a hard time getting into that habit, but have been trying to go 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I haven't been able to though.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I am also going to have my 10th Anniversay in Nov. Would love to be down 40 lbs by then. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • vmiller2009
    Options
    Yes, I have been working out. I go about 3 times a week as well. So I know that will help alot. On top of the 3 times a week, I work a 12-13 hour shift @ Cracker Barrell once a week which is alot of exercise. There is alot of walking and lifting (weights as I look @ it)!!! We can do it ladies, we just need each other to lean on and help motivate. Thanks.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    HELLO AND WELCOME :flowerforyou:
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Well first of all .. CONGRATS ON THE 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!!!

I was referred to this website in November 2007 but only started using it January 8, 2009 when I finally got sick of how i looked and felt. (deleting x-mas family photos .. it was sad)

This website, and the people here with me, has changed EVERYTHING I do with regards to becoming a better, healthier me!!

I am on my treadmill EVERY day. Lately, I've been skipping a day or two, but when I started it was every day. I figured 30 minutes of my life was worth the way I can feel when I'm done.

GOOD luck on your journey ... you'll be addicted to this site in NO time!!

15163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

4'11.5" tall
    Start Date 1/8/2009
    Start Weight 152
    First Goal 125
    Ultimate Goal 115
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is an awesome place for support, recipes and friends!! Glad ur here!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Reen39
    Reen39 Posts: 9
    Options
    :smile: Hi every one! My name is Reen and I'm 39 years old. My start weight was 241 and today it is 229! I have a long way to go and I'm looking for some buddies! I've been doing the alli program and that's how I found out about myfitnesspal. This is awesome. So anyone who needs a buddy let me know! I'm anxious to find a group!<
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: