Fast Food Go To Meal

Options
When, no matter how well you planned, you just have to stop for fast food what do you choose?
My "go to meal" is a Wendy's chili, 2 packs of crackers and a water. I'd like to get some new ideas though. What else is out there that will not cost a day's worth of calories, fat and sodium?

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you want protein and don't mind a little extra sodium, a plain Tendergrill at BK would be the way to go. If you want less sodium, get the Jr. Whopper no cheese or mayo (for even less sodium, without the bun!)

Don't forget the Apple Fries! Only 25 calories without the caramel.
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    Chik fil a, my daughter woeks there...they have agreat grilled option, skip the sauce. They will also give you grilled tenders...just ask
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I usually get a snack wrap from somewhere with grilled chicken, no cheese if I'm feeling responsible. If I'm really hungry, I'll toss in a yogurt or parfait too.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I swear by Mc Donalds's grilled chicken on Bacon Ranch salad with light Balsamic Vinergarette dressing and water
    only 270 calories total. It is alittle high in salt but if fast food is a must it works, I especially use this when travelling... easy to find

110 lbs lost so far since Nov.2010
  • Wolf1024
    Wolf1024 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, today I went to Chipotle, and I had a salad bowl, No dressing. It was chicken, romaine lettuce, pinto beans, and tomato salsa. All in all it was 340 calories, 29g carbs, 8g fat, and 41g protein. It was really good, and I didn't get overly full, and felt fantastic afterwards. Oh, and a bottle of water. :D
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My go to meal on the run is Chipolte vegetarian bowl: rice, black beans, corn salsa, little bit of gauc and lettuce. That sustains me for a long time
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    1. Chipotle Bowl w/ brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, carnitas (or chicken), salsa, corn lettuce, no cheese, no sour cream.
    Chipotle calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

2. Jimmy John's #12 Beach Club - no cheese, no mayo, 2x turkey
    JJ Calculator: http://jimmyjohns.com/menu/nutrition.aspx

Your sodium will still be through the roof though.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - crunchy Fresco taco, pintos & cheese, diet Pepsi
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Well, today I went to Chipotle, and I had a salad bowl, No dressing. It was chicken, romaine lettuce, pinto beans, and tomato salsa. All in all it was 340 calories, 29g carbs, 8g fat, and 41g protein. It was really good, and I didn't get overly full, and felt fantastic afterwards. Oh, and a bottle of water. :D

Oh my gosh! How I love Chipotle! Thanks!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1. Chipotle Bowl w/ brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, salsa, corn, avocado, lettuce (no cheese, no sour cream).

2. Taco Bell bean burrito with no cheese + extra onions.

3. If I'm really low on calories left in the day, Taco Bell Pintos with no cheese + extra onions + fresco salsa
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    If you count Panda Express, the beef and broccoli is really really low in cals. You can eat a lot of it...

When I just have to have a spicy chicken from Wendy's, I get it but skip their mayo...I'll bring it home and take teaspoon of blue cheese dressing to it. I'll usually have a few crackers to substitute for fries.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    My go to meal on the run is Chipolte vegetarian bowl: rice, black beans, corn salsa, little bit of gauc and lettuce. That sustains me for a long time

OSU as in The Ohio State University? I guess there could be other options, nah.
    Thanks Loulou, I love Chipotle too. I just haven't braved it for a while.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    1. Chipotle Bowl w/ brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, carnitas (or chicken), salsa, corn lettuce, no cheese, no sour cream.
    Chipotle calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Oh wow! Thanks for the calculators. I don't think there is any way to eat out and not be high sodium though some choices are better than others.
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    McDonald's: 4 piece nugget, fruit & yogurt parfait (without granola), side salad with fat free Italian, or a hamburger. I'll usually combine 2.

Burger King: hamburger with value size onion ring.

Wendy's: small chili, jr. hamburger, or side salad with fat free ranch.

Taco Bell: 2 crunchy tacos or 1 bean burrito. an order of cinnamon twists is also one of the lowest calorie items on the menu.

Subway: 6" turkey sub on Italian with mustard, lettuce, and black olives (no cheese).

Any of the combinations I normally choose will get me by with around 400 calories. I could go even less if I were willing to substitute my onion rings at BK for their apple fries, for example, but I find them rather disgusting. If I have to sacrifice quantity for something I'll actually enjoy, I'll choose a smaller version of something really yummy. I find that I enjoy things more when I don't eat tons of it all the time, anyway.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yeah watch out for the sodium in Chipotle's salsas. That's an easy route to hypertension right thurrrr
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

6 inch Subway Ham with honey mustard dressing, 420 calories, but healthy (I get the cheese but you could leave it off).

Taco Bell - Fresco chicken soft tacos (2 are 300 calories), low fat, healthy.

McDonald's double hamburger no cheese is 330 calories, but high in fat, not really healthy.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    El Pollo loco CHicken leg, diet coke and loco salad without dressing (side of low cal cilantro dressing 1/2 packet) Yummmm :drinker:
  • Wolf1024
    Options
    No problem! It was pretty yummy too. You don't need the dressing because of the sauce from the pinto beans and the salsa. It was yummy. :D
  • Wolf1024
    Options

If you sub the lettuce wrap for the bread on the jimmy johns, it turns out really refreshing and awesome. I usually do the #12, but take off the cheese, mayo, and avocado. Then add some onions. Yummy!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I swear by Mc Donalds's grilled chicken on Bacon Ranch salad with light Balsamic Vinergarette dressing and water
    only 270 calories total. It is alittle high in salt but if fast food is a must it works, I especially use this when travelling... easy to find

THIS! And if I want Taco bell.... two Fresco Chicken soft tacos and an iced tea. 300 cals.