So angry and disappointed

My weight keeps fluctuating. I’m trying to be consistent with working out and sticking to my daily calorie intake but I keep messing up. I’m always 100-200calories over every day. I feel I’m never going to make any progress. I’m just ruining all my hard work. It’s so disheartening because first of all it’s tough to be consistent with going to the gym and then I mess it up by overeating

Replies

• Jaimeee333
    Jaimeee333 Posts: 9 Member
    You're not alone! I've been struggling with the same thing. I've been working on trying to forgive myself for messing up and remembering that I'm still learning and that a change in lifestyle is a big thing but so worth it. You got this! I believe in you!!! Every day is a fresh start, sounds pretty generic lol but it's true and has helped me!! Just baby steps is what I'm doing and self forgiveness!!!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,740 Member
    First of all: your weight will always fluctuate. So just get that in your head that is not going to change. Its perfectly normal and natural.

Secondly: being 100-200kcal over goal could be perfectly fine depending on the weight-loss rate you've chosen. If you've chosen 1lb per week, that's a deficit goal of 500kcal. Even if you overeat by 200kcal, you're still in a 300kcal deficit. You'll still lose weight, just more slowly.

So don't be so hard on yourself. You don't need to be perfect.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,563 Member
    Your weight will always vary. Food waste in your system, water weight (especially if you’ve had a salty meal or exercised), if you’re female then your monthly cycle will affect your weight. You need to track and monitor your weight over 4-6 weeks for patterns. If you are gradually putting on weight and you want to maintain, then tighten up your logging and just drop 100cals per day. The problem is that when we attach negative emotions to food (I’ve failed, I can’t do this, I’m useless) it becomes far more difficult to calmly and objectively adjust our diet. I know that cycle is difficult to break but it’s worth taking a step back, taking a deep breath and taking back control.