Went over on my calories today and feel bummed!

Options
We had pizza for dinner and I had 4 pieces (I was hungry!!) of veggie pizza....after eating dinner I added what I ate to my log for the day and ended up being over 118 calories :( how can I torch a quick 120 calories??

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    25 minute walk should do it.

We all have those days. It's hard, (esp, when you are really hungry).
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Thanks girl! On a walk I go then, lol.
  • daves160
    Options
    I know the feeling. Don't stress over it. It is only one day, and you have to remember you are already eating at a huge caloric deficit. So, forget it and move forward. MMMM pizza!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had the pizza too but I barely stood within my cals.. phew! RELIEF! :drinker:
  • Romans624
    Options
    I went over my cals too by around 300... its not hard for me to burn that though so I"m just going to be under my goal tomorrow and workout more tomorrow. One day won't kill you and if you don't make it up tonight you can make it up tomorrow.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    MMMM pizza is right!! Well I went walking for 25 minutes and burned 92 more cals. It gets harder to burn calories the more you lose! Tomorrow I will go extra hard. Thanks for the support guys and gals :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It's only one day! Besides, not too bad for going over! :)
  • jenniferkaye3306
    Options
    I had Wendy's the other night for dinner with my family. Everyone deserves at least ONE day off from your diet! You are forgiven! ;)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1400 (FOURTEEN HUNDRED!!!) yesterday!!!

• MarineWifey09
    Options
    Lol Jen you're absolutely right! I didn't go over by much anyway, I'm over it haha.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

Oh man! So what are you doing to make up for it today? Cheesecake is just so yummy!!!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options

Oh man! So what are you doing to make up for it today? Cheesecake is just so yummy!!!
    LOL...I didn't do anything to make up for it today other than not go over my cals. Yesterday was the bad day...cheese cake was today and wasn't the wisest choice...but I didn't go over!! Yesterday was rough...it was day 4 of my hubby being out of town and I had been crying off and on all day. I don't do well when he is away :(
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    I understand that. My husband and I have gone through two deployments together, one while I was still in college and we were just engaged, and one just last year - he left 2 months after we got married. It's really hard but it also is fun to get into great shape while they are away as a sort of "surprise" for them to come home to, lol.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    +/- 100 isn't too bad -- I think just add in some extra workout time and it will burn off like nothing. If you add just enough exercise to burn 60 cals, for two days, then you've pretty much evened it out.

I went WAY over yesterday at lunch - I had a chicken panini at a restaurant, and it turns out it was 1540 cals just for that. NO LIE. Add in the fries and the tiny piece of chocolate cake, and my lunch was twice what I should eat all day. I still don't know how they squeezed that many calories into that smallish, not-so-delicious sandwich. (The cals in the fries and cake, I was prepared for.)

After a mild panic LOL I ended up working hard to burn about 700 cals with exercise and then eating a light dinner (even though my kids had pizza.) I still finished 450 cals over what I was supposed to net, but that's a lot better than what it could have been. Ultimately, it ended up being about maintenance cals for me, so at least no real damage was done! I'm counting it toward a cheat day, and moving forward.

Definitely won't be repeating that... and I'll be being careful the rest of this week to stay within my goal calorie range!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    +/- 100 isn't too bad -- I think just add in some extra workout time and it will burn off like nothing. If you add just enough exercise to burn 60 cals, for two days, then you've pretty much evened it out.

I went WAY over yesterday at lunch - I had a chicken panini at a restaurant, and it turns out it was 1540 cals just for that. NO LIE. Add in the fries and the tiny piece of chocolate cake, and my lunch was twice what I should eat all day. I still don't know how they squeezed that many calories into that smallish, not-so-delicious sandwich. (The cals in the fries and cake, I was prepared for.)

After a mild panic LOL I ended up working hard to burn about 700 cals with exercise and then eating a light dinner (even though my kids had pizza.) I still finished 450 cals over what I was supposed to net, but that's a lot better than what it could have been. Ultimately, it ended up being about maintenance cals for me, so at least no real damage was done! I'm counting it toward a cheat day, and moving forward.

Definitely won't be repeating that... and I'll be being careful the rest of this week to stay within my goal calorie range!

MAN! It's crazy how food places pack calories in like that...and I am not happy when I don't realize it until later. Good job moving forward from it! You rock!