tae bo challenged

Options
Just wondered if anyone else has this issue. I got the new amped tae bo the one with the bar. I really like it but when you have to "amp" the move I can't do it in fact I hit my knee really hard with the bar. I was wondering if anyone else has this and if you eventually can do it as fast as they do. I am afraid this set might do me more damage than good. Then again maybe I am just extremely uncordinated.

Replies

• tamari
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone else has this issue. I got the new amped tae bo the one with the bar. I really like it but when you have to "amp" the move I can't do it in fact I hit my knee really hard with the bar. I was wondering if anyone else has this and if you eventually can do it as fast as they do. I am afraid this set might do me more damage than good. Then again maybe I am just extremely uncordinated.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Taebo off and on for several years, though I haven't done the amped series yet. It takes awhile to get used to the moves. Bily wil tell you he would rather have you focus on technique than speed. Once you get the technique down you can work on your speed. So just go at a slower speed if you can. It can be very discouraging if you hurt yourself by trying to keep up. You will get it eventually. It may just take a little time. There are still some combo moves that I struggle with. Hope this helps! Hang in there!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have the "regular" Tae Bo and have done it only once b/c it's just so intense but I'll give it another try today. I'm sure you'll get better along the way. Do you enter Tae Bo as kick boxing(exercise log)?
    Wish me luck!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I have the "regular" Tae Bo and have done it only once b/c it's just so intense but I'll give it another try today. I'm sure you'll get better along the way. Do you enter Tae Bo as kick boxing(exercise log)?
    Wish me luck!

I enter it either in aerobics or kickboxing depending on how hard I worked. I did research once and found that it should burn between 550-700 calories/hr. For an hour tape, I counted 50 minutes (to subtract stretches and "welcome to tae bo" stuff).

I am very uncoordinated. I have to practice a move a few times slowly and gradually increase speed. It doesn't help that I'm rhythm impaired as well. Just so you know you're not alone!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about how intense tae bo is and would like to try it... what would you guys recommend? I'm in pretty good cardio shape; can run an hour comfortably and need something to push me to the next level. I don't want to waste money on the wrong version!

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Arianne :smile:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I do the amped with the bar. I can not always do the amped as fast as they can, I just do it the best that I can. But I have noticed it is getting easier.
    Dont feel like you have to do exactly what they do. You are up and moving and working your body!
    And thats great. Just know your body and do what you feel comfortable doing.

Sorry LOL how did you hit your knee?
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Wish me luck!

I enter it either in aerobics or kickboxing depending on how hard I worked. I did research once and found that it should burn between 550-700 calories/hr. For an hour tape, I counted 50 minutes (to subtract stretches and "welcome to tae bo" stuff).

I am very uncoordinated. I have to practice a move a few times slowly and gradually increase speed. It doesn't help that I'm rhythm impaired as well. Just so you know you're not alone!
    Thank you so much for answering my question.:happy:

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    I did it!!!
    I got through my Tae Bo session today and I feel awesome even though I had to stop after 47 minutes LOL I was about to fall over. This is the first time that I have done more than 10 minutes of it. Yay me!

• tamari
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have done regular tae bo for a few years and love it but amped is the hardest just because of the speed. As for how I got hurt... it was a move where you bring your knee up at the same time as you pull the bar down well when I was going so fast I smashed the bar right into my knee. I guess I just need to not stress if I can't keep up. It is not that it is too hard cardio wise it just takes a lot of cordination which apparently I am lacking LOL.
  • THIASH
    Options
    i love Tae Bo i been doing it for 3months and i had lost 37lbs i love it ido tae bo every other day and the other days i do the biggest loser video . i was 172lb now weigh 135lb and im not done yet.