Date tonight and worried about calories lol...

Options
So I have a date tonight with what seems to be like a pretty awesome guy, he invited me over for dinner, he is cooking, and of course what am I worried about? *I hope he doesn't cook a dinner that's too fattening! LOL :P He is in really good shape and eats healthy, works out, etc... but you know how people get on "special occasions". Luckily I ate a tad bit less through the day to allow myself to indulge a bit and not worry about being so "healthy" and really just enjoy myself.

Luckily, he did just text me a few min ago and ask if I liked pork roast and what my favorite vegetables were, so it looks like he has the right idea :D

Replies

• Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Awh! Just focus on having a good time, even if the food was a bit calorie-rich eat a bit less... other than that have FUN! :)

God, i miss dating. lol
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I doubt you have too much too worry about if he's a pretty health conscious guy. I know what you're saying though about the special occasion thing. Sometimes when new prospects want to impress you they make whatever they know will be delicious opposed to what will be reasonable.

I've had a girl serve me homemade chocolate cake and ice cream after we had already had giant plates of salad, alfredo shrimp pasta, and garlic bread.

This was years ago so naturally I ate the whole meal, but looking back she totally went overboard trying to get in my pants through my stomach.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess about the food! Eat sensibly and you will be fine. Don't even say no to dessert but only eat a little bit. I would say you could "work off" the calories with your date after dinner, but it sounds like this is relatively new, so I don't really recommend THAT. How about going for a walk or tossing a football afterward? Have fun!!!!
  • lanicota
    Options
    If you go over your calorie intake.. don't worry about it!.. Everyone deserves a little cheat here and there. =) Just get back on track tomorrow.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller portions while loading up on the veggies. But most importantly, enjoy yourself :)

It sounds like you are going to have a great night.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Have a fabulous time and enjoy!!! Dating is meant to be FUN :bigsmile: Enjoy each others company and enjoy the evening!!

I am amazed someone even still dates anymore - I think I have forgotten!!! Might have to try to get my dating training wheels on lol
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    you're gonna have a BLAST - relax and enjoy ... You have deserved it ... O - and I"M JEALOUS.... date night ROCKS!
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you're gonna have a BLAST - relax and enjoy ... You have deserved it ... O - and I"M JEALOUS.... date night ROCKS!

^^^^what Jenn said! Have a grat time, Rocky!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    you realize we are going to want a date update tomorrow, right?? lol

Enjoy....you can also work out some tomorrow to help with any excess today. Remember....update.....smile
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i'm with gwen-- let us know how it goes! dont worry about your dinner- just enjoy good conversation and a fun night! :)